• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Trini Lantern Sara Lantern Russian Temple Pods

Hello all,

don't know if this is allowed or not but...

I'm desperately trying to find these seeds ...i received a few of them a few years ago from trinihottie....she called them lanterns but they are smaller than most lantern pods i've seen. I've also seen them described as Sara's Lantern and Russian Temple Pods... i saved seeds but my wife mixed my envelopes all together so i have no idea what seeds are what....any help would be appreciated....i'd be more than willing to pay for the seeds and postage of course.... I really need these!!!!!

Thanks in advance

You must have been looking at my Flickr site :) I'm the one that calls them Sara's lantern since there is no other real name to go by, and I've also mentioned that they look to me like Russian temples when upside-down, but sorry no extra seeds left this year.
I'm currently working on a Sara's lantern X Douglah f1 which I'm quite excited about

Potawie's 2010 "Sara's lantern/Russian Temples/Trinidad pear shaped pepper"

Aug 10 024 by potawie, on Flickr

yeah i did see them on your flickr :) didn't want to use your name because im sure people would say "ask Potawie" ..that combo would be nice if it kept the shape of the lantern with the heat and spines of the doughlah....good luck with that

:( Sorry I've given away all my extra seeds for the season, and since my 2 overwintered lantern plants died I'm going to need to grow out the remaining seeds myself. Its become one of my favorite peppers over the last several years, not crazy hot or overly productive but nice texture and fruity flavor. And the pods are so cool looking, they look really cool when pickled.
Here's a better pic just to tease :) Sorry

Sept 29 008 by potawie, on Flickr

Back