• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Trinidad 7POD yellow Brain Strain.

seeds were sent to me by Sara from trinidad along with other varieties, of 7 pods this plant came up different skin like the Red 7POD Brain Strain and by my taste this is the hottest yellow pepper i ever had. since its only one plant among many others i will have to plant seeds from it and wait for results befor share it on the website. it will be introduced as Trinidad 7POD Yellow Brian Strain . along with the red one cappy introduced all what we missing is the 7Pod Brown Brain Strain ... . this plant needs a very long growin season just now i got 3 pods ripe and the plant still producing some lil pods. but it takes long time befor they turn yellow. it has the traditional 7Pod taste and smell. with more pineapple taste

hpim2635.jpg

hpim2644.jpg

hpim2652k.jpg

hpim2648.jpg

hpim2676.jpg

hpim2680.jpg

hpim2688v.jpg

hpim2686.jpg

hpim2685v.jpg

NO seeds Available till next year ... sorry

Judy do you have small hands? If not that pepper has to weigh a freaking pound.

Don't know about connecting it with the Brain Strain though. You should come up with something original. Maybe the "Brain Drain" 7 Pod Yellow? Have some fun with it. Good luck!

Wow! That one looks like a sure-fire winner!

Best of luck getting that one onto your 'extremely hot' sales list.

I'll definitely be looking that one up next year.

Best,

Doug
dvg

amazing looking pepper judy! i can't wait to be able to grow that one someday. doing the red one next season. i can't believe the bumpiness of those! the 7pods are coming out faster than i can get a hold of them!great stuff!

Judy do you have small hands? If not that pepper has to weigh a freaking pound.

Don't know about connecting it with the Brain Strain though. You should come up with something original. Maybe the "Brain Drain" 7 Pod Yellow? Have some fun with it. Good luck!
lol partick i will post pics with ruler next time its not very big in size but its agood size your right about the name cappy might get mad for using his TM but i will call it Yellow Rugged 7 podâ„¢ ....

amazing looking pepper judy! i can't wait to be able to grow that one someday. doing the red one next season. i can't believe the bumpiness of those! the 7pods are coming out faster than i can get a hold of them!great stuff!

next year i have to work hard on isolating this one along with other plants but this one will be very special so more people can have it as new strain

any one seen cappy

´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶¶´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
...´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´´¶¶´´´¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶¶´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´´´¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶¶´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶¶´´´´¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´¶¶´¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´¶¶´¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´
´´´´´´¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´
´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶´´´´´´
´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´¶¶¶´´´´´´
´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´
´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´
´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´
´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´
´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´
´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´
´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´
´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´
´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´
´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´..´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´..´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´
´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´¶¶¶¶¶´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶ ´´¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶´´ ¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶ ´´¶¶¶¶¶´´ ¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´

Nothing to say ... this is a true 7 yellow pod "brain strain"
My compliments

I have a different version ... which is light green immature fruit

23.09%20067.jpg

23.09%20061.jpg

Great looking pepper.
I too would use a different name other than "Brain strain" to avoid confusion. It could be a mutant or possibly an accidental cross, it will be interesting to see how it produces next year

I'm looking at the phenomenon of pepper in Trinidad ... I have a theory that will explain the next year at the 2nd Congress AISPES after careful study and cultivation of many varieties of Trinidad .....

yet I am not clear where he was born the "brain strain" ....

I have this type only on yellow and red Trinidad

Marco,

You will need to talk with Pepper Ridge Farm to find out the origin of the "Brain Strain". He got the seed from a source in Trinidad I believe. I'm pretty sure when he offers seeds they all come off the same "mother" plant. Hopefully he will see this thread and you can talk directly with him. Good luck.

Beautiful Judy. I love the pepper!! :) That certainly looks like a super hot based on the interior! I hope you can stablize it!

Chris

Hello Patrick,

I remember that thread ... beautiful
and I remember that first used this term was Cappy

even my fruit is from Trinidad

My question concerns the evolutionary line

I have an idea:

The first to emerge was the Jonha ... of them were born several varieties (7pod standard, trinidad scorpion, morouga blend .... of many colors )...... Probably also related to the naga and Buth. I was not clear if it was the Jonha to be brought to India and become the naga or otherwise .....

I am not clear where the strain resulting "brain strain" ... perhaps a spontaneous mutation .... or perhaps the cross with a few special varieties in Trinidad

THNX marco chris and every body i have another plant of 7pods looks like yours marco i will post pics as soon as it ripes. i love trinidad pepper and i will be collecting them and have special section on my website only for trinidad pepper

Back