• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Trinidad Douglah truffle review

So my friend from culinary school made me this

IMG_20111103_102035.jpg

Its a Trinidad Douglah stuffed with ganache(cream steeped membrane) then dipped in chocolate. Video review will come shortly along with more details

That looks awesome. I have been melting down chocolate in a double boiler and adding pepper powders. This kicks my spicy chocolate treats ass. I cannot wait to hear the review.

Well I managed to get it down. I bit it in half so you can hopefully get a look at the insides after I post the video sometime tonight. It was super creamy and delicious followed by the rich earthyness of the douglah. Almost like plum or currants. I have never eaten a full superhot before but this wasn't the worst pain I've ever had, about 4 minutes of burn, snot and drool. My mouth is still pleasantly stinging actually. I really enjoyed it and have placed and order for more. Hopefully ill be able to ship some to cappy (he supplied the peppers). YouTube link should be posted by tonight for your viewing pleasure.

Just to ask though. If you had the opportunity to purchase a truffle of this kind with fresh pepper over dry, how much would you pay?
Great video btw lol.

Well I managed to get it down. I bit it in half so you can hopefully get a look at the insides after I post the video sometime tonight. It was super creamy and delicious followed by the rich earthyness of the douglah. Almost like plum or currants. I have never eaten a full superhot before but this wasn't the worst pain I've ever had, about 4 minutes of burn, snot and drool. My mouth is still pleasantly stinging actually. I really enjoyed it and have placed and order for more. Hopefully ill be able to ship some to cappy (he supplied the peppers). YouTube link should be posted by tonight for your viewing pleasure.

Just to ask though. If you had the opportunity to purchase a truffle of this kind with fresh pepper over dry, how much would you pay?
Great video btw lol.

For one? Probably my max would be $2.00.

I think in the right packaging with the right presentation $5-8 if I saw it at a farmers market or in a restaurant. I'd be curious enough to buy it at that price. I think I would prefer some kind of red 7 pot over the douglah though just for taste reasons.

That looks awesome. I have been melting down chocolate in a double boiler and adding pepper powders. This kicks my spicy chocolate treats ass. I cannot wait to hear the review.
I love doing this! I make my own cannabutter and use it to make hommade chocolate meds, but I cut up and either use a whole pod or powder. Comes oit tasty!

That truffle looks amazing! Just might have to make one!

I think I just poo-ed myself looking at the thing. A douglah is about the only pod I thought was going to kill me! I can't wait to see the video review of that little monster. Make sure you don't give the leftovers of those out for Halloween!!! :mouthonfire:

Ok I got the Imbed to work. I sure hope it looks like I suffered a little bit because despite the ease in getting this sucker down it was the rockiest porcelain cruise I have ever had to deal with. I almost jumped shipped and drown :hell:

It really did help subside the burn. My question is, is that a good thing? At first I thought it was because I felt that endorphin rush at less cost to my mouth, but you can't sneak it past the ring o' fire and that worries me. You would definitely have to limit yourself on these things. I have secured a box of butch TS from Judy and those will be the next to get dipped and eaten, with video of course.

Back