• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Trinidad Scorp, Fatalli, BondaMaJaques, yellow 7 pod, Dorset Naga, Bhut Jolokia 1K hydro grow

Hi, Im a newbie to the Pepper growing scene but Ive been an avid indoor grower for the last 15 years. Ive grown just about anything you should or shouldnt try growing inside.

Ive become fascinated with hot peppers and decided to break out some old equipment clean out a spare room and start growing some of the hottest varieties I could purchase. I plan on updating this grow as things progress.

Currently Im sprouting/growing, Bhut Jolokia, Fatalii, Trinidad Scorpion, Yellow 7 pod, Dorset Naga, Bonda Ma Jaques. They are being grown in GH Waterfarms and a couple of Custom built aeroponic/dwc style systems under a combo 1K of MH/HPS. Feeding a light solution of Advanced Nutes 3 part.

Glad I found this Forum. Hope I can grow some beautiful peppers like some of you guys have posted.

Bhut001.jpg

1K of lights should be an interesting grow looking forward to pictures as this thread gets going. :)

Good luck. :welcome:

welcome Chronic(guess we know what you used to grow, LOL) Alot of people here got into growing peppers the same way haha. I have a couple friends who recently moved out your way to set up shop. Nice collection of superhots you got there.

Yeah, very nice list. Welcome to the board. I don't see many people growing chilies indoors, probably because the long season and cost of electricity. Plenty go hydro though. May I suggest that you also try a faster ripening one too. The good old Orange Habanero comes to mind. It's less finicky and will likely deliver ripe fruit much earlier than the Bhut/Seven/Scorpions.

Thank You for the warm welcome.

Currently I have orange and red hab's growing in containers outdoors. I chose these varieties for indoors simply because they wont finish in the mountains with the climate here. So far they seem to love the big lights.

CC

Welcome to the forum. I have grown inside last year, but that was only to get the plants large enough for outdoors. I did grow a huge TS and did get some fruit, but because it was in the middle of the summer the closet I was using got to hot so I eventually put it outside as well. I have had a horrible year so I may take in some of my plants that never really got going and put them inside and try and get fruit off of them during the winter months and just put them back outside next year. I haven't decided if i'm gonna go with hydro or just leave them in soil yet.

Checked in on the babies this morning. Trinidad Scorpions, Dorset Naga, and 7 pods are all popping up. Just waiting on the Bonda MaJaques to break the surface. Clones all rooted in the last 2 days. Im going to have a little army going pretty soon.

Fluros for Seedlings and Clones. 400 MH with a hortilux blue and 600 HPS hortilux bulb. 18hr on 6 off. Aircooled so I keep them about 18" off the tops.

Back