• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Trinidad scorpion red or yellow

I've seen some Trinidad scorpions red and seen some yellow. Does anyone know which came first and which one is hotter? Which one taste better?

I have tried 4 different yellow scorpions and none of them have been SuperHot. A lot of people enjoy the flavor of the CARDI Yellow Scorpion but it is also not a SuperHot. I am growing an AISPES Morouga Yellow Scorpion this season... hoping it will be SuperHot. I love the red scorpion flavor it is my favorite for pizza or tomato sauce based foods. I have not enjoyed the flavor any of the yellow scorpions but most people post that they like the flavor especially of that CARDI. For me they yellow peppers are almost too flavorful and I find them hard to use in food with out altering the flavor to much. I will be trying them again this season since soo many people are hog wild about yellow peppers in general.

The original landrace Trinidad scorpion is red. Others are crosses or mutations.
Personally I always prefer the flavor of the yellow C. chinenses

this year i am gonna try the origional trinidad scorpion from pepperlover.com,orderd my seeds almost a couple weeks ago so they shouldnt be to much longer. providing USPS dont screw up the delivery!

When I recieved the "then unknown" Trinidad Scorpion seeds 7 (or is it 8?) years ago, the only color was red. The real Jamaican Scotch Bonnet (not the one shaped like a habanero) has
the bumps and a very simular shape, just no stinger, a little like a flattened 7 Pot. The Scotch Bonnet (not the hab) has a very sweet fruity flavor, the yellow Trinidad Scorpion may
be a cross between the two.

Butch T

this year i am gonna try the origional trinidad scorpion from pepperlover.com,orderd my seeds almost a couple weeks ago so they shouldnt be to much longer. providing USPS dont screw up the delivery!
Still not sure how this became labelled as "original Trinidad scorpion" Just doesn't sound right to me, especially when it doesn't really resemble the "original" landrace Trinidad scorpion

I think the red trinidad scorpion is a delicious pepper and one I would never want to be without.  I can only handle a little at a time but it really enjoy it.  Sometimes a fruity spicy burp escapes me after nibbling on them, it is a unique experience.

Back