• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Trinimikes Original Gourmet Pepper Sauce

Trinimikes Original

This Caribbean sauce is a spicy, delicious condiment that enhances the flavor of tropical foods without overpowering. It works best for seafood and chicken, but I’ve been busted sitting on the couch pouring it all over tortilla chips, cold pizza, saltines, and my undershirt. This is a must-have.

Trinimikes is a small company out of Miami Beach. I haven’t met them yet or seen their operation, but they have a nice website that boasts a variety of sauces, including mango and papaya, but the original is supposed to be the spiciest.

The packaging and label are quite attractive. I was most drawn to the sticker that says 2011 Scovie Awards Winner. This sauce was a winner in the Caribbean style category. After tasting, I can see why.

Their label says “Where sweet meets heat”, but this is not a sweet sauce. The ingredients list (among other things) scotch bonnets, lime juice, onions, carrots, mustard, and shadow beni. I did a search on shadow beni, and found that it is a relative of culantro, used frequently in Caribbean cuisine. You can taste a slight hint of the mustard and shadow beni behind the heat and tang of the other ingredients. The flavors work well together.

The sauce has a unique color; almost a dark yellow. And despite it’s high viscosity, it has good body and mouth feel. The heat is not overpowering by my standards, maybe a 6.7 out of 10, making it perfect for everyday use. It’s a quick heat that stings the front of the tongue initially, and then disappears, leaving behind the flavor of the peppers with the tang of the other ingredients, with a mellow, sort of sweet finish.

You won’t challenge your friends to take a sample of this one and watch their face melt. You’ll more likely put a dab on a piece of grilled fish and say, “Look what I cooked!!”.

For my initial tasting, I made a batch of cracked conch, which is strips of conch meat battered in cracker meal and deep fried. I poured Trinimikes original directly on the fried seafood and then unsuccessfully attempted to block my friends and family from swarming my food as it quickly disappeared.

I can see this sauce on waterfront restaurant tables, places where they serve conch, stone crab, oysters, fried seafood, and cold beer under the shade of a Tiki hut with Jimmy Buffet on in the background. In fact, I am going to recommend that some of my favorite local eateries start stocking this stuff.

Everyone should look into this one.
www.Trinimikes.com

Great sauce.

Trinimikes Original is the official Caribbean sauce of SoFlo posse cracked conch.

IMGP2079.jpg

I had a huge breakthrough last night that involved this sauce.
My wife who has NEVER enjoyed spicy food did 2 things that surprised me:
1. She ate a small piece of a Congo Trinidad
2. She asked for some Trinimikes on her smoked pork for dinner.

Wow!!!
I'm happy for her to finally understand how awesome spicy food can be!!!! Geez it's taken a long time!

Back