• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trippa's 2011/2012 Grow log....

Over the coming days I will be attempting to log my grow so far.

It won't be as big and spectacular as most peoples here (in fact it isn't big or spectacular) but I am proud of what I have done so far with my very limited space and love my chilli's (I am sure) as much as the next person.

I have had a few small problems so far but a Massive thank you has to go out for the help so far from people like Nova, Gas, JR, Micca, Wildfire in helping me get started on growing something other then long red cayennes or other common types and answering my many questions and the generous man JR with his huge contribution to my seed stocks.

Like I said this will be an ongoing process to get this thread up to speed so bear with me while I populate the pages over the coming days ...

OK then hanging baskets, are you allowed to do that? thinking up ways of maximizing your growing space Trips.

Mezo.

I am thinking of going to a community garden lot actually. In the not too distant future to get a few more going. Trouble is I am needing a chest freezer as well now to start keeping the excess. I will be able to use up the supplies I currently have frozen in a few batches of sauce and chutneys etc.

Well its a rainy day on a long weekend...what a perfect time to soak some seeds for the next season. All I have to do now is decide what I am going to grow ... gonna put 8-10 types down... already have a few penciled in plus my overwinters ... might start a new glog as well. New beginnings and all that :D

That reminds me: it's about time I get on to my starts too! (Waaay behind schedule... I had planned to start middle of August.) Might have to make this arvo priority-seed-start-prep-time. :D

How many plants are you looking to grow all up? Just the 8-10... or is that just the beginnings? ;)

That reminds me: it's about time I get on to my starts too! (Waaay behind schedule... I had planned to start middle of August.) Might have to make this arvo priority-seed-start-prep-time. :D

How many plants are you looking to grow all up? Just the 8-10... or is that just the beginnings? ;)

Yeah its a good day for it Gas. All Up I am looking at between 16-20 plants only this season (probably closer to 16 then 20). I already have 12 or so overwinters I will be keeping so potnetially I am only looking at another 4 additional plants in the end). So not even all of my new plants may make the cut. I will give away to friends whatever I can't handle which I sprout (I will likely end up sprouting 12-20 plants by the time I settle on the ones I want knowing me). I am looking at doubling the size of my pots this season to maximise the plants I do have rather then many plants in cramped conditions and smaller pots.

numbers are creeping up already :confused: :hell:

Haha, Tripp. Don't listen to Mezo; your marriage is more important :lol:

To be honest the majority needed to go they were looking really unhealthy and some had developed a weird fuzzy mold over all the underside of the leaves, I simply didn't have the space/willpower to get them back into a healthy state. Plus I like the whole process of starting seeds etc so took the opportunity and just did it. Plus the Wife wanted her balcony space back (she got half)
Hey, it was hard, but you did the right thing. The only other alternative
was to give them to Mezo to put in his marquee! In the long run, I bet
you won't even miss the goners since the rest of your plants will be
performing beautifully! And you will be doting on your new seedlings!

Good luck and good growing to you, my friend!

Haha, Tripp. Don't listen to Mezo; your marriage is more important :lol:

Hey come on Guys, im speaking as a free single guy (never married, got no kids) its not for everyone. :party:

Haaa, sucker`s.
LoL.gif

Just jerkin ya gherkin`s lads (kidding) SUCKERS
LoL.gif

Mezo.

Hey come on Guys, im speaking as a free single guy (never married, got no kids) its not for everyone. :party:

Haaa, sucker`s.
LoL.gif

Just jerkin ya gherkin`s lads (kidding) SUCKERS
LoL.gif

Mezo.

:rofl:

(No ring here. ;))

I am looking at doubling the size of my pots this season to maximise the plants I do have rather then many plants in cramped conditions and smaller pots.

Sounds like a winner of a plan, Trips. That'll pay off for sure!

I had originally only planned to be growing a max of 20 plants this season... but somehow that number has crept up to 36. :whistle: (I have to make some changes and get it at least back to under 30.) But yeah, I was thinking something along the same lines. Less plants = the more I can spend on 'em (larger pots, higher quality potting mix, etc). Less plants also = greater control over pests.

:rofl:

(No ring here. ;))

Is that a proposal? :violin:

Ha I got to many plants and new seedlings as well for someone is is supposed to be scaling down and moving house soon.
I just keep on growing because I like it and if needs be all my friends will get heaps of chilli plants for free.

Hi Trippa, you take a mean photo mate , what camera do you have ? oh how id love to live on that canal , Your plants and pods look awesome mate.

Thought I would link through to my new Glog and link back to this one as well as someone else suggested doing as it is interesting to look back at the mistakes I might be able to learn from

http://thehotpepper....could-be-worse/

Now you tell me after 13 pages, lol ;) ... only joking, great glog mon!

Trippa, love your pics, pod macro’s thought and more!!! Wondering if you grew that foxtail palm off the deck in post #14. Only asking cause I have about 8 to 10 babies, first foxtail I grew is 17+ years old and second is around 8 years old, never shot picks but maybe I’ll post some in my glog to show one day. On the small one I’m growing an orchid and a baby staghorn fern. Anywho, I truly enjoying reading all the old posts your glog, there is very good learning in most peeps logs, like yours …

BTW I’m currently going thru the same leaf dropping issue you had early on this log with a few of my plants, I believe you beat it with the ocean mist/seaweed mix as well as watering cut back. What has really helped me out is an Epsom salt spray, no watering and mine seem to be responding well to it. They’ve stopped leaf dropping and the yellowing is going away but only time will tell I guess :) Funny just when things seem to be going great shit happens, lol.

Whoa is that your dock on that pic you shot of the canal beside your house … I need one of dem on my canal. Well back to reading and love dem macros mon, keep up great work and let the pepper gods be with you in 13 :)

Hi Trippa, you take a mean photo mate , what camera do you have ? oh how id love to live on that canal , Your plants and pods look awesome mate.

Cheers bro. Its a Canon EOS 7D. Its a great camera although there a few offerings around at the moment which are certainly tempting to upgrade to, in reality at the moment this camera takes as good a photo as I can take and so the more practice I can get with this one the better I will be once I upgrade again. I have had this one for around 2-3 years now and certainly love having it to use.

Now you tell me after 13 pages, lol ;) ... only joking, great glog mon!

Trippa, love your pics, pod macro’s thought and more!!! Wondering if you grew that foxtail palm off the deck in post #14. Only asking cause I have about 8 to 10 babies, first foxtail I grew is 17+ years old and second is around 8 years old, never shot picks but maybe I’ll post some in my glog to show one day. On the small one I’m growing an orchid and a baby staghorn fern. Anywho, I truly enjoying reading all the old posts your glog, there is very good learning in most peeps logs, like yours …

BTW I’m currently going thru the same leaf dropping issue you had early on this log with a few of my plants, I believe you beat it with the ocean mist/seaweed mix as well as watering cut back. What has really helped me out is an Epsom salt spray, no watering and mine seem to be responding well to it. They’ve stopped leaf dropping and the yellowing is going away but only time will tell I guess :) Funny just when things seem to be going great shit happens, lol.

Whoa is that your dock on that pic you shot of the canal beside your house … I need one of dem on my canal. Well back to reading and love dem macros mon, keep up great work and let the pepper gods be with you in 13 :)

Cheers Bro. No I live in an apartment so unfortunately the palms and the dock is not mine :( The Palm is in the neighbours downstairs patio area (I would love to have there place for the shear amount of room I would have for my chillis in comparison with my balcony!!

Yeah I started on the epsom salts sprays this season and I haven't had any of the same issues so I believe it could have had something to do with a magnesium deficiency as well as being slightly over watered at certain points

Back