• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trippaul Threat (PdN x BMJ) Community Grow

This is a dedicated grow log for Tristen's awesome cross, which I
have been growing out since 2014.  I'll start with a bit of history and
some photos documenting what's happened so far.

In January of 2014, Tristen (Trippa) sent me a little care package of seeds.
In the package were two generations of a cross he had made, which he just 
called 'Mystery Cross, F1' and 'Mystery Cross, F2'.  

Here's Trippa's Mystery Cross seedlings in February of 2014:
_DSC1203a_zpscfa08c86.jpg

_DSC1215a_zps824b6b30.jpg

Both generations showing the purple foliage characteristic since the beginning.

Up close look at Trippa's Mystery Crosses, F1 and F2.  Both culled to a single
plant after the photo taken, so I only had one plant of each generation:
_DSC1256a_zps34e3c6e6.jpg

Planted 3/21, 23 of 75 F7W have sprouted as of today. I haven't been able to maintain optimum temperature, but at least some are coming up.

I'm looking for local growers and locations to grow multiple plants together in isolation. Have a few leads.

Sawyer said:
Planted 3/21, 23 of 75 F7W have sprouted as of today. I haven't been able to maintain optimum temperature, but at least some are coming up.

I'm looking for local growers and locations to grow multiple plants together in isolation. Have a few leads.
I'd be willing to set some f7w (10 maybe) far enough aside on my land to be fully isolated and send seeds if that's what you're looking for. I'm very interested in this strain.

Kennylay said:
I'd be willing to set some f7w (10 maybe) far enough aside on my land to be fully isolated and send seeds if that's what you're looking for. I'm very interested in this strain.
Did I send you enough seeds for that? I don't remember how many I put in the box. I can send plants later on; they're pretty tiny at the moment.

Sawyer said:

Thats great, John. Even at a 33% germ
rate, 23 is a lot of plants!

Devv said:
114.jpg

115.jpg

Purples in the dirt and happy with flowers :party:
Happy is an understatement, Scott!

Those are really showing the rangy, robust
growth typical of this cross. Can hardly wait
to see some pods coming from those flowers!

Good growin, Scottie!

Sawyer said:
Did I send you enough seeds for that? I don't remember how many I put in the box. I can send plants later on; they're pretty tiny at the moment.
I put 15 or so in towels two days ago and there are about 50 left in the package lol. But if you have starts you're willing to ship at some point that would save me the hard part and time. We could work something out for sure, I have plenty of space

And @dev awesome plants, the color is great on those!

PaulG said:
Thats great, John. Even at a 33% germ rate, 23 is a lot of plants!
  I can live with 23 if that's all I get, but I expect more. These are at the end of a flat, so get less of needed heat. We've had some warmer weather for a couple of days; that should give them a little kick.

Kennylay said:
I put 15 or so in towels two days ago and there are about 50 left in the package lol. But if you have starts you're willing to ship at some point that would save me the hard part and time. We could work something out for sure, I have plenty of space
Agreed, I'm sure we can work something out. I think it'll be at least a couple of weeks before they're ready to travel.

I'm up to about 50 (of 75 F7W) germinated today. I won't post a picture yet, not this close to Paul's gorgeous ladies. I'll wait until they at least have the first set of true leaves.

Still, they're right next to an approximately equal number of P.Dreadie sown at the same time. They hardly look like the same species. The cotys on these are darker and more pointed relative to the PDSB.

Sawyer said:
I'm up to about 50 (of 75 F7W) germinated today. I won't post a picture yet, not this close to Paul's gorgeous ladies. I'll wait until they at least have the first set of true leaves.

Still, they're right next to an approximately equal number of P.Dreadie sown at the same time. They hardly look like the same species. The cotys on these are darker and more pointed relative to the PDSB.
You will soon have a purple forest,

BDASPNY said:
those look incredible.  I hope my plants do well. ive got several growing.
Good luck with them, Scott. What
was your source for the seeds?

Can't wait to see how yours look!

BDASPNY said:

thank you. I got mine from "sawyer" on here.   I tried 10 seeds to germinate and I think 6 worked. now its the waiting game to see what they'll do.
Sawyer is doing a great job of spreading the PDNxBMJ love!

Decent germination rate!

@Aravind - I hope the transplant recovers
and pulls through for you, my friend.

Back