true datil seeds

Just trying to find a few true datil seeds for sale or trade for me in the uk.I have some from a uk supplier of chilli seeds but i have had problems with seeds growing true from this supplier before so any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks

Update: thanks to a kind member of this forum i have some datil seed on the way!

Just trying to find a few true datil seeds for sale or trade for me in the uk.I have some from a uk supplier of chilli seeds but i have had problems with seeds growing true from this supplier before so any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
I have always wondered what a true Datil's correct color is. I have seen yellow mostly and always thought that to be the original color, but a few red varieties are also claiming to be a true Datil.

I have 3 vars (2 heirloom and a commercial) that are in pod now just waiting to get ripe and visit the local Minorcans for their yea or nay on whether they pass the test. If you don't find any to your liking check with me in January.

I have 3 vars (2 heirloom and a commercial) that are in pod now just waiting to get ripe and visit the local Minorcans for their yea or nay on whether they pass the test. If you don't find any to your liking check with me in January.
Cool man cheers i mailed you just a minute ago about them just wondering what charicteristics each var you are growing has

I have always wondered what a true Datil's correct color is. I have seen yellow mostly and always thought that to be the original color, but a few red varieties are also claiming to be a true Datil.

Look at my avatar(datil with butt-cheeks). When they are their sweetest, and ready to pop off their pedicel, they are almost industrial machine yellow(which some people might call orange). If they have a purpley stripe then that is sun scald.

There ain't no such thing as a red Datil, purple Datil or White Datil. Someone just hybridized it and wanted to cash in. How stable is the hybrid? Is a different question... But it still isn't a Datil...

Hope this helps

http://cgi.ebay.com/30-Fresh-Datil-Pepper-Seeds-Ready-Spring-Planting-/250729861476?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a60aa1164

Datils are yellow and are an heirloom variety
I always recommend spending the effort and getting Datil seeds straight from St Augustine Florida(or nearby) where they have been grown for 300+years. There are many crappy versions going around these days so make sure to get the real deal.

That's the problem, several strains exist in St Augustine and the surrounding area and I suppose it's inevitable, considering how long they've been around. Who knows if the original Datil still exists. I'm resigned to just getting a strain that produces well and has good heat/flavor. The one I have now isn't bad, but ya know how it goes, the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence. :)

Hope this helps

http://cgi.ebay.com/30-Fresh-Datil-Pepper-Seeds-Ready-Spring-Planting-/250729861476?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a60aa1164

I planted Datil seed from this person this year. Only Datils I've ever had. They were orange-ish yellow and had what I would consider correct shape based on pictures I've seen. Still have one growing in a container.
She is from Florida too.

Back