• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

fermenting Trying Another Ferment Weeeeeee (and I made sauce)

I learned tons of stuff doing my last ferment, such as don't gas yourself, and decided to start two new ferments. Since I didn't need to throw these peppers into a sauce as fast as the Reaper Madness episode last month (someone processed them for me without me knowing, very kind but I had to use them right away) I was able to plan a bit more and make sure my ferment jars were full. 

I have a Mango Pear Orange Bhut ferment here as well as  a Mandarin Orange and Orange Bhut Ferment. Yes I am aware I write like a drunk five year old with a crayon. It's part of my charm. 

I also made a Yellow Primo and Pear sauce with blackberry honey (yes I have the bottles upside down this one wa sin my hand for the pic :))  

And randomly Pepper Dog (one of my boxer boys Kobe)! 

96strat said:
Get looking sauce . The photo loader makes photos that you put in upright sideways or upside down. Nice looking dog.

I don't see them as sideways :(. Any suggestions how to view the page so I can see them sideways? Sorry about that! 

Roguejim said:
What kind of jars are those you ferment in?

They are 1 gallon Bell Jars. The tops are wide mouth recaps (air tight) with a #6 bung and a three piece airlock. Pretty cheap each jar total was probably 7 dollars. The recaps can be hard to find and I had to use the internet, but I was able to get the bungs and airlocks at a local home brewing store.

Back