• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense TS moruga and red 7 pot noticably worse then bhut jolokia?

Maybe I am getting used to heat, but a bhut jolokia while scary hot, still seems noticeably milder compared to the TS moruga, or a good dose of red 7 pod, I feel like I would eat a 1/4th of a bhut jolokia but would never dare do it to the other two, anyone else the same?

I hear that.... I've always said the 7pots are hotter than Bhuts.

Could just be the conditions here in New Zealand but I swear my Jonahs are hotter than my Dorset Nagas.....

my recent experience with a barrackpore 7 pot pretty much ended the debate for me. I've grown both in the same conditions, and the 7 pot pretty much wrecked me. the bhut, while still extremely hot, did not induce the dreaded, "what the f*** did i just do."

+1
There's so many other hots over the Bhut in my opinion as I can eat a few of them in a salad or meal but can't bear more then one Scorpion or 7 Pot/Pod.

Last night I could have used my bhuts to cool myself down after sampling a TS Morogua and Brain Strain.

Interesting, how would you say the TS morouga compares to the brain strain? Honestly I do enjoy knocking egos down with them, and I noticed people tend to chomp half the bhut in half without thinking, while the huge morouga and the instant pain usually makes people nibble and then give up, so I am not sure what to give guys.

Interesting, how would you say the TS morouga compares to the brain strain? Honestly I do enjoy knocking egos down with them, and I noticed people tend to chomp half the bhut in half without thinking, while the huge morouga and the instant pain usually makes people nibble and then give up, so I am not sure what to give guys.

Funny you should ask, here's what I posted in my grow thread earlier today:

"Speaking of the brain strain last night my neighbor and I sampled the 7 Pod Jonah, T Scorp Morouga and the 7 Pod Brain Strain. The Jonah was mine and the T scorp and Brain Strain were from his gardens. His plants are are from the original PepperRidgeFarm seeds, I gave them to earlier this year because I was out of space. The Jonah had a nice heat level. Hot, but I didn't think it was bhut jolokia level heat. The Morouga was a serious step up and felt like someone punched me in the lips. 1/2 hour later we sampled the BS and h*** f****** s*** it was like someone poured a cup of lava down my throat. Serious burn - hands down the hottest pepper I have ever had in my life. I had some of AJ's scorps this year and they were not even close to the heat level of the brain. Not saying it's the hottest pepper out there but it's by far the hottest pepper I have ever tasted."

Funny you should ask, here's what I posted in my grow thread earlier today:

"Speaking of the brain strain last night my neighbor and I sampled the 7 Pod Jonah, T Scorp Morouga and the 7 Pod Brain Strain. The Jonah was mine and the T scorp and Brain Strain were from his gardens. His plants are are from the original PepperRidgeFarm seeds, I gave them to earlier this year because I was out of space. The Jonah had a nice heat level. Hot, but I didn't think it was bhut jolokia level heat. The Morouga was a serious step up and felt like someone punched me in the lips. 1/2 hour later we sampled the BS and h*** f****** s*** it was like someone poured a cup of lava down my throat. Serious burn - hands down the hottest pepper I have ever had in my life. I had some of AJ's scorps this year and they were not even close to the heat level of the brain. Not saying it's the hottest pepper out there but it's by far the hottest pepper I have ever tasted."

I def gotta get me some, any input on red 7 pod, vs bhut jolokia? I hear jonah is supposedly like the red 7 pod though.

Back