• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2015 glog

so yeah, hey everybody... I just couldn't wait anymore
put some seeds in the dirt and we're good to go

me and my brother in law built this new "grow-box"
newgrowbox.jpg

I'm gonna put a fan or two in those holes .... to keep the humidity down when the box is going to be closed

this is how it looks now.... in my bedroom ... the wife said something about someone who's a little crazy but I don't know who she's talking about :rolleyes:
newgrowboxcups.jpg

so, this is what I'm growing this year:

Baccatum
  - Lemon drop (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Brazilian Starfish (seeds from rghm1u20, added on february 12th)
  - Aji Brazilian Red Pumpkin (seeds from Rory, added on february 12th)

Chinense
  - Bhut Jolokia
  - Aji Umba
  - Fatalii yellow
  - Caribbean Red (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Bonda ma Jacques (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Chupetinho (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Habanero White (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - MoA (seeds from rghm1u20, added on february 12h)
  - Moruga Red TS (seeds from ajijoe, sent to me by rghm1u20, added on february 12th)
  - Orange Lantern (seeds from Nulle, added on february 12th)
  - Devil's tounge (seeds from LuckyLuke, added on february 12th)
  - Dorset Naga (seeds from LuckyLuke, added on february 12th)
  - Habanero Chocolate (seeds from Nulle, added on february 13th)
  - Reaper (seeds from Zoli, added on february 13th)
  - Habanero Maya Red (seeds from Nulle, added on february 13th)
  - Habanero Brown (seeds from rghm1u20, added on february 13th)
  - 7pot Jonah (seeds from Nulle, added on february 13th)
  - 7pot BS Red (seeds from rghm1u20, added on february 13th)

Annum
  - Goatsweed
  - Cayenne
  - Thai (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Jalapeno
  - Serrano (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Fresno
  - Bolivian Rainbow
  - As chili
  - Bulgarian Carrot
  - Hungarian Hot Wax (added on february 4th)
  - Sigaretta Biondo  - sweet Cayenne style pepper (added on february 4th)
  - KINIZSI paprika from Hungary (seeds from Zoli, added on february 12th)
  - Cherry Bomb (seeds from Nulle, added on february 12th)
  - Apache (seeds from Rory, added on february 12th)
  - Golden Cayenne (seeds from LuckyLuke, added on february 13th)

Frutescens
  - Wild Lombok (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Bangalore Torpedo (seeds from Rory, added on february 12th)

and also some sweet peppers, Kapija paprika and some classic bell peppers
Later on in the season, in march, I'm also going to start some tomatoes, lettuce and pumpkins .. but that's the whole other story :)

Now it's time to do some waiting .. let's hope they'll all gonna pop soon :party:

The peppers from the last harvest ripened nicely in the box... so I'm going to cut them in half and freeze the nicer ones, for sauces. If there is any mold in any of them, they're going to the trash... Off course not all are going in the freezer, I'm gonna enjoy the fresh ones for another week to 14 days.... then the season will really officially end.

Also picked the White Habaneros today... didn't count them, but there is a lot of them. Still wonder what to do with them, I'm kinda tired of eating them :rolleyes:

ripepeppers07112015.jpg

Made a salsa from some of those peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic, a teaspoon of olive oil, salt, sugar, basil and a bit of rosemary.
It's quite tasty... it will go nicely with a movie later on.

salsa07112015.jpg

tsurrie said:
The peppers from the last harvest ripened nicely in the box... so I'm going to cut them in half and freeze the nicer ones, for sauces. If there is any mold in any of them, they're going to the trash... Off course not all are going in the freezer, I'm gonna enjoy the fresh ones for another week to 14 days.... then the season will really officially end.

Also picked the White Habaneros today... didn't count them, but there is a lot of them. Still wonder what to do with them, I'm kinda tired of eating them :rolleyes:

ripepeppers07112015.jpg

Made a salsa from some of those peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic, a teaspoon of olive oil, salt, sugar, basil and a bit of rosemary.
It's quite tasty... it will go nicely with a movie later on.

salsa07112015.jpg
ah yeah ! one of my favorites ( homemade salsa's ) looking good bro !      :onfire:

tsurrie said:

ripepeppers07112015.jpg

I did not expect the peppers to mature after picking, not that much anyway, they look great!

Comptine said:

I did not expect the peppers to mature after picking, not that much anyway, they look great!

Yes they can.... if they're already in the "ripening process" they can get fully ripe "on the counter".
It just takes a week or two...
I recommend a cardboard box for this... they need to breathe, but not too much or they will get dry very fast
And here they are.... over 1 kg of peppers.. sliced and without stems.
A bag of yellows (with addition of few greens) for some kind of yellow sauce, and a bag of reds.
Already in the freezer.
sliced08112015.jpg

My third try at a bonchi... this time it's alive... never got so far to start growing again.
bonchi28112015.jpg

Any tips for the future?

Also went hiking today... on a 1600m high hill not so far away....it was beautiful and I took this panoramic picture...

Back