• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Two bhut plants look different. ID please

This first plant is much lighter green than the second. Pods and leaves. Also they are longer and thinner in diameter than the second. Any i.d. help will be appreciated. Maybe a cross somewhere? Seeds came from refining fire chilies marked as red bhut
QJ4bIsD.jpg

these are darker green
Wl5ls7e.jpg

both look like bhuts to me. Leaves of bhuts are pretty specific and don't look the same as any other chinenese I have seen, they have those wavy edges. Yours look like mine and any other bhut I have seen. 

I`ve seen quite a variance in the shape of Bhuts. Whether this means I`ve grown crosses or not, I don`t know. Trying to differentiate 2 plants based on slight differences in colour or pod shape is nigh on impossible, as there is natural variation in any group of plants (clones notwithstanding). 

Also remember that Bhut jolokia is an inter-species cross, not C.chinense.

[SIZE=medium]A Genetic Comparison of “Bhut Jolokia” and “Bih Jolokia”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]Thesis:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]Literature Review and Research Paper[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Faculty of Agriculture[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]The University of Sydney[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]23[/SIZE][SIZE=7.0961pt]th[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt] October 2009[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Conclusions:[/SIZE]
 * “Bhut Jolokia” and “Bih Jolokia” have different genetic structure based on comparison of DNA fragment and sequence data using 3 molecular techniques employed across six of the 12 Capsicum chromosomes.
* “Bih Jolokia” genetic structure is highly homologous with C.chinense and C.frutescens species whereas “Bhut Jolokia” is structurally more closely linked with C.annuum species.
* Reduced crop load in “Bhut Jolokia” as compared with “Bih Jolokia” may be linked to genetic self incompatibility.
* Continued research comparing such varieties and their closely related native landraces will prove to be vital in understanding evolutionary relationships that may be useful in overcoming agricultural barriers such as crop yield for such varieties.

ok heres an update of the plants not in the same order
the first has gone from some orange to complete red rather quickly. like a matter of a day
jK9kVs2.jpg

Second has started out yellow. Will a red bhut go from yellow to red?
This is the first day i have seen color on this one
4PpGEKl.jpg

I am growing bhuts from a single source this year.  Out of 9 or 10 plants, I think 6 have made it this far (7 actually, but I gave 1 away).  Of those 6, 5 are currently producing pods, one of those just starting.  I told you all of that to tell you this...

One of my bhuts is producing carrot like pods that turn quick from dark orange to red.  Of the others I have, one bhutty shaped pod is doing the same.  (To me "bhutty shaped" is the long pods more rounded at the tip)  And now my biggest plant has bhutty shaped pods that are currently turning yellow, and I think are more orange as the days progress.  So that's two pod shapes (not counting one lone pod that is Scorpion like with a stinger), and two different ripening patterns, all from one seed pack.  Now that's variance!

Back