• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Two Things Growing

Okay, so a few days after I planted these hab seeds I noticed something was growing. Its been a week and it looks like 4 pieces of grass branching off with a sturdy stem. It's growing way to the side of the pot where I didn't even put any seeds.

In the middle where I did plant the habs a baby plant has come up and it actually looks like what would be a hab. Two tiny what appear to be leaves. Unlike the other plant growing in there that had 1 grassy looking thing.

Should I pull it out and leave the one with 2 leaves?

What I meant was soil -- from the backyard, bag from home depot, Aunt Sallies Yard .... you get the idea ..sometime there is some junk in them -- but with out a pic I couldnt tell you for sure -- they do kinda start that way but so do most things

hab.jpg

Looks like I have another one of the little 2 leafed things growing. The huge grass looking thing is what I'm worried about. I have no clue how it got there.

Also, should I have 2 plants growing or should I take the tinier one out?

Oh and it was a bag of soil from lowes

it's a weed. just pluck it. that little cute thing in the middle is your sprout. i think i see about 2 pepper sprouts.

Yup. I see 2 peppers. The tiny one with two leaves, and nearby it the curled stem that hasn't poked upright yet. The grasses are a weed.

Yeah, you'll want to separate them when they get big enough to survive the shock. Chiliacs suggestion is good. Once they get big enough to start crowding one another, separate them asap.

Back