• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Two Zero One Four - now the fatalii ripen !

hi everybody !

on the 20.12.2013 i planted 9 kinds of chili plants, two seeds each to kick off my little babies for 2014 as i didnt have any homegrown chilis last year, a terrible situation which had to be changed !

its a funny mix of peppers, most of them unknown and i got the seeds out of fresh pods i scavenged from a commercial grower (with permission ofcoz) last year and stored dry eversince,
so here is what is in the mix, all pictures from the plants i took them from except for a "lemondrop" and a "mild habanero"

qgxf.jpg

3fni.jpg

o43c.jpg

71h9.jpg

m2rm.jpg

qxco.jpg

gmmq.jpg

aaah good to hear, thanks. the plants will all be repottet this weekend, expect an update with pictures.

in the meantime, something very cool happened today as i went to my favorite hole-in-the-wall thai place to eat, i seem to be one of the few regulars who orders his stuff "very hot/spicey", a rare thing in germany where people arent used to hot stuff,
but being the chilihead i am i do love some hot tang to it ;)

well anyways, today just after i had placed my order she came back to me with a little gift and said "present from the kitchen" how cute is that ! it really made me smile as i thought about buying one of their little bags (5€) for a while to store my dried chilis and seeds in,
and now she gave it to me as a present - hihi, seems that my appreciation for their (hot) food delights them :)

check it out ! can someone read thai and know what it means ? i think this was a very lovely gesture !

7sxe.jpg

ha ! got two more sprouters over night, i barely believe it after all this time ! :D surely puts a grin on my face, its like a "goodbye daddy" present as ill be away on business for a week starting tomorrow hehe :)
who would have thought that plants are this awesome ;)

Nice setups and good looking pants. When you use the tooth pick and stake the seedling down, does that slow their growth? I'm curious as I too may need to do this when some grow faster than others.

hrmpf ! even though those three little "late bloomers" are somewhat cute, they are pissing me off a little.
i have to keep them in the center of my little three tube lightning rig in order to give them the most light exposure and sop the stretch they would give me if they remain on the sides of the lights ...

well, even though this is no biggie it is a bit annoying i must say .... and i am thinking about enlarging my light setup a little bit and distance the tubes a tad more away from eachother as right now they distribute light unevenly ...

so yeah, thats news ;)

those plants are EXPLODING with growth, they love the tender loving care i give them :D

if they continue growing at this rate i will have to repot them again end of this month or so ! wow !!

hiqc.jpg

Your Grow is looking good, even though most of your seeds came from market pods they looked very interesting and not your usual Jalapenos and Habaneros. The mini greenhouse will help out a lot getting your pods to ripen once the weather cools down and the daylight hours shorten as your season comes to an end. I wish I had one but I would need a bigger one with all that I would like to keep growing a couple of months longer.

ohmatic said:
aaah good to hear, thanks. the plants will all be repottet this weekend, expect an update with pictures.

in the meantime, something very cool happened today as i went to my favorite hole-in-the-wall thai place to eat, i seem to be one of the few regulars who orders his stuff "very hot/spicey", a rare thing in germany where people arent used to hot stuff,
but being the chilihead i am i do love some hot tang to it ;)

well anyways, today just after i had placed my order she came back to me with a little gift and said "present from the kitchen" how cute is that ! it really made me smile as i thought about buying one of their little bags (5€) for a while to store my dried chilis and seeds in,
and now she gave it to me as a present - hihi, seems that my appreciation for their (hot) food delights them :)

check it out ! can someone read thai and know what it means ? i think this was a very lovely gesture !

7sxe.jpg

ความคิดว่าที่บอกว่าไม่มี

:think:

hello everbody and thanks for the nice comments !

here is the latest installment in my growshow, the cayennes that didnt really grow anymore much after topping them which, as i found out, was as they most likely were rootbound as hell ! 
so hey, check it out, now they are repotted and back to their lovely growchamber ! yay may the show go on !

3rvc.jpg

oait.jpg

z65e.jpg

Spicegeist said:

ความคิดว่าที่บอกว่าไม่มี

:think:

uhm and what does that mean ? ;)

largest 4 are "shade-bathing" today :)

mqFYqpAl.jpg

has anybody got an idea why the top leaves of nr 24 are all hanging down like that ? doesnt seem to happy ? the lower leaves are standing up firmly as you see ... anything to worry about ?

Back