• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

TxSkunk, My pepper birth

Well First things First, I'm very excited to be a member here, the people are generous and those who offered to gift me some seeds, I thank you for helping and I really look forward to the day I can Return the Favor! I Know a lot and I know I need to Learn more. But good hands are every where to help out!

I've been growing peppers for 3 years inspired by my grandpa's ground red pepper. that's all he grows are cayenne peppers since i was a baby.

My buddy has alittle over and acre of back yard and our other best friend lives next door with matching property so i've got tons of space. even got alittle room inside I'm using for my "Office"

I really want to get a grow tent for my babies but maybe not this year who knows but i will be getting a wire rack stand alone for now and when i get the tent bam! My over head for this year will be pretty high and with a new born, a full time job, makes it a bit tough but under 1000 is good with me and wont break me, but i still can't have all the toys i want yet so. enough talk here is what i've got to work with. seed list is not complete. still need to get my soil together i will use a good top soil and ammend with some GH COCOcoir, FF Light warrior, The Shitz "http://www.theshitz.com/".. i don't know about peat?

the drive, the whole backyard im about 20 ft from the back porch. the blob on the right is a truck and boat
drive.jpg

this is about mid way you can see the truck on the right
ffff.jpg

alittle organizing but plenty of space for a rack light and a tent when i get it.
rrrrrrr.jpg

some seed i got the bottom right are some bonus beans! Pepper mania Super fast!
seeds.jpg

:welcome: Well it looks like you have plenty of room where you are at. I believe you are in a different zone then I am, but you still have plenty of time to get started. Being closer to the coast you will probably have a longer growing season than I will. I started plantout on May 12th last year and still had a fair season. I am a week or so behind where I wanted to be this year. At least I think I am. Hopefully I am not too early. I follow instruction on lunar veggie planting from the local nursery owner who will be purchasing some of my plants. I won't be selling most the exotics. Just Bhuts, Jalapenos, Habs, And Bells, a few other medium hot peppers, maters, and some cullinary herbs.

I bought plants from AJ last year and he has THE BEST!! They hardened off quickly. They produced very well too. If he has some varieties I don't have, I may try purchasing some from him this year too. You will do good with his plants. And You won't find a better maintained home operation than his. He loves to talk about what he does. Be prepared to hang out because he has alot to see. And Maybe he will share his Notorious 7 Pot Bloody Mary. Take a hanky, you may need it to dry your eyes!!!!

Good luck with your season dude! :hell:

Thanks for stopping by can't wait to be in full swing... yay AJ is who i would love to get some plants from. I'm ordering my lights this week .. so gonna have some money wraped up in my initial investment but this is my passion.. you really got some room to grow on brotha id love to be able to roam around acres of plants all day. One day id lOVE to be part or a pepper CO~OP. heres to good season and new friends.

Sounds like you got some great plans there, best of luck on the grow. You're absolutely right about this place. Looking forward to more pics.

Everybody, thanks for stopping by and for the kind words... Slight Bump in the road, I got a call last week saying my house would be ready to move in this friday so my pocket book took a smack, just some extra expenses but not too bad. Ill be running to my local grow shop this weekend to pick of a ton of stuff... So off to a slow start sorry to say but I recieved many gifted seeds and To the givers thank you very very much, and I hope to have that back yard all spiced up this summer.

Back