• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

U of L BLEW IT fried burgers,gravy, fries, and gravy.;)

Guess I spoke too soon.;)

U of L didn't want it bad enough. Comfort food time BIG TIME.

85 lbs USDA pure angus beef
54 bags of frozen french fries, whatever style you like.
2 gallons essence.http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?p=183580#post183580
Milk, some.
5 gallons of flour
8 lbs SALT
30 gallons virgin grape seed oil......

(;))

Form the ground beef into thin patties, whatever size you like.

Sprinkle HEAVILLY both sides with essence.

Dredge both sides in flour. LET THEM REST FOR 1/2 hour.....no kidding.

Pan fry them, preferably in cast iron, over med-hi heat in 1/4 inch or so of oil. Keep them warm in a 150F oven.

Meanwhile, back at the bat cave, fry the fries or bake them or steam them, or whatever TF if that floats your boat.

When done frying the meat, add enough flour to the greasy, messy pan to soak up the rest of the oil. Brown it for 2 minutes or so.

Add enough milk to make a fairly thick but clumpy gravy. Bring to a gentle boil to thicken. Add some garlic powder and salt to season the gravy to taste.

Position 8 or 9 fried beauties on the plate just barely overlapping, carefully place fries on any remaining part of the plate.

Cover the whole mother EFFing plate with gravy.

Serve with a side of gravy.

Add gravy to taste.

When in doubt, add more gravy.......

Buggers, now I want some chicken fried steak....

Hmmm, what about a chicken fried hamburger?

Sure, you'd prolly havta pre-cook the burger some or the grease would kill the breading, depending on the meat used. Sounds like interesting.

Also, I'm a big fan of "Salisbury Steak"....munched on that w/ potatos 'n gravy and some kind of green vegetable all the timewhen I was younger..

That recipe I posted is nearly exactly how Mom made it when I was a kid. :)

QuadShotz said:
Buggers, now I want some chicken fried steak....

Hmmm, what about a chicken fried hamburger?

Sure, you'd prolly havta pre-cook the burger some or the grease would kill the breading, depending on the meat used. Sounds like interesting.

Also, I'm a big fan of "Salisbury Steak"....munched on that w/ potatos 'n gravy and some kind of green vegetable all the timewhen I was younger..

That recipe I posted is nearly exactly how Mom made it when I was a kid. :)

Fail!

CFS pic posted this morning in Drunken Chef.

Cheers, TB.

mockery-028.gif

I don't have any steak, just ground stuff ATM, so just considering my options.

Excellent CFS btw TB. :)

QuadShotz said:
mockery-028.gif

I don't have any steak, just ground stuff ATM, so just considering my options.

Excellent CFS btw TB. :)

Dude...cheat a little. Use the ground beef, form patties, flour and salt and pepper on both sides, and freeze them a bit till stiff but not pennitentiary steel hard. When the oil's ready, dip them in milk or cream, back into the flour and into the oil.
bada bing bada boom and they're done!

sorry 'bout the "fail" 'thang. Too funny and too tempting.

Cheers Quad, TB.

OK, this is just trippy...

First off, there's an old guy who lives down the hall that I chat with occasianally and when his fam drops off food for him he doesn't like he gives it to me since I eat most anything.

Last time it was bags of frozen peas & green beans.

Now today, I'm all up in this CFS and stuff, so I go to check the mail, and guess what I find hanging on my door:

S6302538.JPG

Egads! It's the ginourmous size fried chicken dinners!!!!

Not CFS, but still pretty funky.

I never buy frozen entree's like that for my self, but what are the odds of THAT happening today???

Teh Godz Like Me. :D

How much chicken is thaaaaatttt???!!!!!!!!!

From the looks of it, it's a Thigh, Breast and Drumstick each.

After cooking one of them, I decided to just strip off the meat and use for taco/burrito stuff as it was pretty bleh.

Currently eating a quad's taco meat/bean/cheese taco INSIDE of a chicken & rice burrito with a bunch of garlic, chile/O-hab powders and a generous slather of cheddar cheese. All doused in El Yecateco XXXhot. ;)

Around here they call it a "Taco Brava", I call it saving time. :twisted:

NASCAR's on in 45min..gotta be ready. :D

cheezydemon said:
;)

I meant it all in good fun, but seriously.............

Screw seriously..your post was funny as hell!! I clicked on it 4 times!! I am such a loser...you didn't get me hook, line and sinker...I was in the f#@king net!!

Cheese, Tango Bravo.

I'm stuck in the loop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

texas blues said:
hahahaha...THP's drunk and yo no hablo englise....

Cheats, Tango Bravo.
I resemble that!!
:beer:

Back