• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

UFC

I think its a tough one to call. If I had to put money on it I would pick Jones though. The only thing that throws me is how driven Evans appears to be for this one.

i just wish these dang fights didnt cost 60 bucks,booohhhh.

yea its can get pricey, cause think about the the fight, beer, meats and chips lol plus bets damn, its fun though, i was all hyped for this fight and i didnt even get to watch it, :(

I'm a little late on this one, obviously. Jones won. I'm just surprised that the fight went all 5 rounds. Since JBJ couldn't finish Rashad off like he has with everyone else he's fought, I think this leaves the door open for a possible rematch down the road. I just don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

As for Jones vs. Hendo, my money is on Jones. His reach advantage is nuts, and his wrestling game is solid. If Dan can't get the fight to the ground, then he is gonna get destroyed with fists, feet, and elbows. Hendo will always have a puncher's chance in any fight he's in though, so I am not really willing to put any money on this one.

What about this weekend though? Who do you guys think will win in the Dos Santos/Mir fight???

Another tough call, but I give Mir the edge for this one. He has improved his standup quite a bit in the last couple years, and his ground game is the best in the heavyweight division IMO. He's also a smart fighter, and always comes with a good game plan.

For how much Mir's standup game has improved, JDS is still the better boxer by far. His striking is probably the best in the HW division. So Mir is definitely the underdog in that area.

My prediction: If the fight stays in Dos Santos' playground (on the feet), he'll win by KO. If it goes to the ground where Mir does his best work, my money is on him winning by submission. Either way, I don't expect the fight to make it beyond the halfway point of the 3rd round.

tough call i feel a knockout early rounds, i dunno i feel its anybody's fight on this one, but if i have to pick one, i guess dos santos

Some good fights on Saturday night. JDS won by TKO in the 2nd round, and Cain absolutely destroyed Bigfoot in Rnd 1. He put on a more dominant showing than he did when he won the strap from Lesnar.

Can't wait for JDS vs. Cain II.

Back