• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue?
    Then ask in Identification.

UK Hydro Growers please help! Flood and Drain fitting kit!

Excellent! What combo of parts would I need? Those fittings are v expensive!

Do you also need rainage holes or does the water flow back out of the inflow once the pump is off?

wurge said:
Excellent! What combo of parts would I need? Those fittings are v expensive!

Do you also need rainage holes or does the water flow back out of the inflow once the pump is off?

Wurge - They are expensive - personally, I chose to set up a DWC system, much cheaper to make and running costs the same as a small fish tank. You wont need drainage holes - the water will drain out of the fittings - Good Luck with your grow !!! 

COuld you direct me to any guides on DIY DWCs?

If I was to have a number of plants per box, how many litres would it need and how far apart would you have them?

Iv'e seen the ebb and flow site, v good. I will have to see the vids later! Thank you, think I am going to go DWC with plastic storage boxes! Thanks! How do the results compare with F&E?

Use food grade containers. If its not marked try use an old bucket which made to hold food. Non food grade plastics do not meet health standards and whwn the polymers heat up they can release some pretty nasty stuff into the water. Alot of food grade plastics are bpa free and designed not to deteriorate from heat. Ive got an old protein power bucket I'll be using.

Back