• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

ulcers vs extreme hot peppers

whats the chances of getting an ulcer from eatting a raw ghost chili pepper for the first time, im just wondering because im a bit worried about that part after eatting mine?

it was my very first ghost pepper and the hottest pepper i have tried!

i usually eat jalapenos and etc, but i did eat ghost chili wings two times in the past month from a restaurant. But i would have to eat extreme peppers like a ghost chili on a regular basis to really break my mucus line wouldnt i?

it was my first extreme hot pepper so sorry if it seems like im getting worried to much over one, i love hot stuff alot just asking questions :D!

I've eaten very hot peppers for a long time including the ghost pepper and other than getting cramps from eating some of the ultra hots I have not gotten an ulcer from eating them most of the time a ulcer is from infection and or constant worry and anger along with a host of psychological problems and bad diet.
After having cancer I found that eating small amounts of hot peppers actually helped to get my system back on track despite my doctors worry that the hot pepper would inflame my colon they actually helped get my appetite back after chemo and Rad.
Of course that may have just been from me recovering from the surgery and the liquid diet I was on after that.

Back