• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

ummm...WTF?

Hi brothers and sisters! I hope every bodies season is going well!

So i need some ID help. This year I'm growing some King of the North bells. I started 4 from seed 2/1 or so and grew under t5ho until mothers day plant out in my raised bed. I took the best 2 plants then gave my Mom one and one to a food pantry bed at my community garden. These all came from the same seed pack from Annies Heirlooms seed. I have another variety growing from annies as well. This is my first time purchasing from them and pretty much am happy so far....

So one of mine has a nice lil bell pod growing and seems good. The other one of mine (of course) is very odd. Im not even sure its a pepper!

good one:

Plant in question:

So you can see a pretty odd growth pattern. starting to flower sorta i guess.... The leaves are very thick and rubbery, not like a pepper at all. Thicker than a bay leaf and very rubbery.

Im leaving it for now but any ideas?

Thanks in advance and have a great day!!!

Is this one of the ones you got from Annie's? I am thinking they should be able to tell you what they think it is.

As far as the growth pattern, other than the leaves standing almost straight up at the top, this kind of growth pattern at the bottom can occur with chile plants that have been topped. Right now one of the chile plants I purchased is growing like that bottom growth, as it had a problem up top that I cut off. The thing that makes me question if yours is a chile plant, however, is the same thing you noted - the thick, rubbery texture of the leaves. The top standing straight up also makes me scratch my head, as leaves that size would typically be more horizontal. There again, one never really knows until some kind of flower and/or fruit are produced. 

Back