• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Unknown Black Pod

I don't have a whole lot to go in the way of info, so here goes.... I was picked from a community garden in deep south Texas. I am 1 to 1.5in and sweet to the taste. I was given no info on the plant or flowers that would help out.

8f42bb58.jpg

Chilhuacle Negro or Cascabel have been the closest I've found so far but neither is close enough to me. Cascabel is closest, but it looks smooth without the ribbed texture of this guy. So what say you friends?

Thank you Joe, that looks more like it. Someone will have to find a new species for your prize since I think you have seeds to all that we have discovered!

Chocolate Mini-Bell? I grew some last year and they produced some very dark pods. Very good flavor too!

woody needs to let us know if it hot, if it is juseven a little bit, it would chile de onzo if it was sweet you would be correct

thanks your friend Joe

I think Joe has seeds from plants that have not been discovered! He's sandbagging us!

yeah i have a few of my own that have only been recently descovered, i created them in my laboratory Mu wa ha ha!! :crazy:

Thank you Joe, that looks more like it. Someone will have to find a new species for your prize since I think you have seeds to all that we have discovered!
your very welcome
not for all but quite a few and i do a lot of research, by the way all i do have seeds for CHILE DE ONZO i know what the pods look like becausei got pods and extracted the seeds from them, i didnt care for the texture or the flavor, but dot go by me everyone is differant the name mean ounce Chile because i wound guess they weight that much sometimes,

thanks your friend Joe

thanks BOK!!

Back