• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

unusual main fork c.chinense

this is golden habanero main fork - 7way

picture003lp.jpg

picture002zli.jpg

other plant from the same seed pack got regular 2-way fork & true golden hab' pods

picture001hfv.jpg

Looking at the stem I think you have a plant that has a virus.
Actually,if I remember right the seed had the virus and it messed up the Embryo...

If it's what I think you'll get random branches that look fused together and twisted.
I forget what it's called.
It actually makes for some cool looking plants.Parts will be normal and parts will be mutant.
I don't remember if it can spread to other plants.I don't think it does.

3 or 4 fused branches

IM004774.jpg

IM004775.jpg

See how the top has twisted leaves?Center vein is crooked comming from the fused fork/branch.

IM004780.jpg

Looking at the stem I think you have a plant that has a virus.
Actually,if I remember right the seed had the virus and it messed up the Embryo...

If it's what I think you'll get random branches that look fused together and twisted.
I forget what it's called.
It actually makes for some cool looking plants.Parts will be normal and parts will be mutant.
I don't remember if it can spread to other plants.I don't think it does.

3 or 4 fused branches

IM004774.jpg

IM004775.jpg

See how the top has twisted leaves?Center vein is crooked comming from the fused fork/branch.

IM004780.jpg
Interesting...I've seen that before. Do you remember what type of plant that was and where the seeds originated from.Greg

Back