• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce unusual use for hot sauce

I was reading through various threads and came across one that asked what was the most unusual thing you used hot sauce on. With a memory like a flash cube I don't remember where it was so I will just add this here. Has anyone tried using a hypodermic needle and injecting your favorite hot sauce in a bag of micro-wave popcorn, taping the hole and then nuking it? Makes some great popcorn especially with a beer.

I make mine the same way as Pam. The old fashioned way. Popped popcorn in a habanero canola oil. Next time I'll try putting some hot sauce in with the oil n see how that comes out.
Sauceman

My method of hot popcorn is a bit different. I use strictly a Whirly Pop and can no longer eat popcorn in any other way. Well, it comes with this theater style popcorn pre-made packs that are amazing. Well, each pack had popcorn oil, the kernels, and a powdered butter. Dump it all in, the butter mixes with the oil and as you crank the popper, it coats everything.

So, instead of powdered butter, I thought it'd be a neat idea to use a spicy seasoning. Blair's Death Rain, Ashes, Dave's Insanity Spice, whatever. Little peanut oil, little habanero powder, in go the kernels and crank. Makes amazing popcorn thats :mouthonfire:

And no soggy popcorn like you get from using a hot sauce. I suppose this method would work for regular stove pop corn also. I just personally love my Whirly Pop.

A few years back I was working a job where you had to bag a lunch and there was a guy that would snoop when you were on your shift .
he really liked pizza pops and would clean ya out .
well I took a needle and injected a few cc's of daves insanity and put them back into the freezer .
then i unpluged the pop machine.
he never saw it coming and it was great.

shayne

DevilDuck said:
DEFCON has this customer who has used his sauce as deer repellent. True story!

I have heard about surrounding gardens with Chilis to ward off vegetarian predators. Either it is a myth, or I've got some mutant rabbit warrens in my yard that are exhibiting classic signs of evolutionary adaptation. I lost more peppers (habs) this year to rodent predation than all previous years combined.

I used to get one or two of the 1st few peppers nibbled on, then the rest were mine. Now? a large chunk of my peppers have conspicuous bite marks taken out of them.

Shhhh.....be vewy vewy quiet.....I'm hunting wabbits....he he he he he he he he he he:hell:

staffing said:
I have heard about surrounding gardens with Chilis to ward off vegetarian predators. Either it is a myth, or I've got some mutant rabbit warrens in my yard that are exhibiting classic signs of evolutionary adaptation. I lost more peppers (habs) this year to rodent predation than all previous years combined.

I used to get one or two of the 1st few peppers nibbled on, then the rest were mine. Now? a large chunk of my peppers have conspicuous bite marks taken out of them.

Shhhh.....be vewy vewy quiet.....I'm hunting wabbits....he he he he he he he he he he:hell:

two words : stew & rabbit, put them in any order you like.

staffing said:

ObPedantic warning

Rabbits are not rodents, they're lagomorphs.

[/pedant]

Not so unusual

I have several friends who use my hot sauces with their popcorn instead of melted butter. Heating the sauce before adding it to the popcorn helps quite a bit.

Hey dr_allspice... welcome!

Back