• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Update on Charles

The latest check with the dr showed the tumor is totally gone!!!! That's a blessing...BUT and there always has to be a but..they found a 1/2 inch spot in the right lung now. Thursday we go for tests to see if he can have radiation. The new pills they have developed will not work for him, they would make things worse so that's not an option. His lungs are in horrible shape due to 35 years of welding. IF he can't stand the radiation we have made the decision to let it grow. He does not want to be on a breathing machine and I agree with that. It will be whatever it will be, we can't change it. Quality of life is more important than putting him through a treatment that means he ends up on a machine. Keep thinking good thoughts for us, we can use them!!

sending prayers. Your extended family cares.

Boy do I feel like crying on all your shoulders today. Charles has cancer in the right lung and in his liver. So he will need more chemo. The goal is to do as little harm as possible to his lungs which are horrible anyway. He will need a brain MRI to see if it's stage 4 or not. We sure didn't need this news today. We just have to wait until everything gets set up to know what happens next. I really HATE cancer!!!! I'll get a grip in a while but just can't do it at the moment. Thanks for letting me vent!!!

love to you Jackie...you and Charles both are in my thoughts and prayers...

Well, when we put our collective shoulders together, you have quite a shoulder to cry on.

Thanks so much, today's a new day, mri and chemo dr scheduled. I'm coping better,both of us are for a fact. Yesterday threw us for a while, I can't say it's ok but onward to whatever we face, we are ready for it anyway.

Mri on the brain showed no cancer so that is a good thing. Dr told us that the cancer in his liver is not curable..chemo will buy us months not years. The chemo is a drastic one, he had to get a B12 shot a week before chemo plus take folic acid every day due to the toll the chemo meds will cause. He can only have a treatment every 3 weeks for 12 weeks then take a break and another mri. Sounds to me like some very nasty stuff. If it gets too bad we will stop treatment and what happens happens, he won't give up quality of life for living longer. Now that we know that we can get on with life, you do what you have to do. I want to thank all of you for your support, it means so much to me. Even if I'm not here a lot I haven't forgotten you all.,

Back