• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer Using Flower Fertiliser to boost flower production ?

Ya there's some variety in conditions from just those 3 articles (brown or other type of seaweed, foliar or root drench, vegetative or reproductive stage, etc.) I think a well-timed application is imperative. Like in the third article on greenhouse tomatoes it says no benefit is observed in the early vegetative stage.
"it is possible to also cause detrimental effects to the plant. With the foliar application of these products the normal level of these hormones within the plant are increased, causing a redirection of the plant's energy. In some instances, plants with cytokinin applied have appeared smaller and have a less developed root system."
"Their presence and activity are different from other hormones which act more in an on-off manner and are present only at specific times... Cytokinin is synthesized largely in root tissue and then travels upward to the shoots; some production also occurs in developing leaves. Nutrients will move and accumulate in plant tissue where higher levels of cytokinin are expressed. Auxins are primarily produced in areas that are experiencing rapid growth such as shoot tissue, young leaves and developing seeds. Auxins inhibit primary root elongation but do promote lateral root development... During the reproductive stages, the abortion of flowers as well as flower and seed development are regulated and promoted by auxin and cytokinin."
https://crops.extension.iastate.edu/corn/production/management/early/foliar.html

I didn't ask for those articles to be the end-all for this particular discussion.  As I mentioned previously, there are so many studies on the subject of seaweed as a biostimulant/nutrient source, that it makes even commenting on what you've written, a waste of time.
You could answer with this, and I could pull another study that responds with that... It's an endless cycle.
However, I have yet to see a single published study that does not outlay benefits associated with seaweed use. (in some form)
We should NOT expect to use seaweed on a seedling one day, and the next day, it's laden with flowers.  But for a plant that is ready (structurally) to bear, and yet is not, I would certainly resort to a dosing of fish and seaweed. (in fact, I do!)

thefish said:

There is a product called Inocucor that actually has shown yield increases in various flowering crops between 10 and 30%

They indicate that foliar feeding a 1:100 solution at flowering will increase yeild and fruit set.

Made from molds, yeasts, and fungi.

Have you tried this product?

solid7 said:

Made from molds, yeasts, and fungi.

Have you tried this product?

Yes I've been a user for over 3 years after reading about it on orchidboard.com. The two biological components in the solution are B. subtillis and ​S. cerevisiae.

1.) Irrigating with a 1:100 solution monthly has eliminated bacterial and fungal diseases amongst my houseplants and balcony vegetables.
a.) using a 1:200 solution on diseased plants every couple of days (or soaking) has stopped any bacterial/fungal soft rot in its tracks.
2.) Foliar spraying during bud set improves flowering in multiple species.
a.) spraying plumeria during flower bud set has resulted in multiple flower heads per branch tip and >4 branch points after flower head development.
b.) spraying capsicum during early flowering results in more fruit set during non-ideal conditions and even more during ideal conditions
c.) since adding inocucor to my orchid care regime I have had consistent flowerings all of my orchids have flowered at least 2x per year the last two years. despite poor care in some circumstances.
3.) Improvements in seedling viability and vigor.
a.) improves germination time if sterile soil is irrigated with a 1:100 inocucor solution in distilled water
b.) improves seedling growth rate
c.) eliminates damping off
d.) improves germination rate
e.) viability of older seeds are increased

The company now boasts multiple field trials of many different food crops that show yield increases from 10-30%. Rare lady slipper orchids which were not easily grown from seed are now being grown to be reintroduced in China after inocucor treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQg32vDbDgA&t=1s

This avocado grower has reduced fertilizer input significantly while getting a nice yield increase. His soil pH has also been improved and compared to his neighbors he has been able to deal with avocado disease much easier.

Basically the stuff works and works well-

Back