• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. There's plenty of places to discuss these topics elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Valentines Day?

Sickmont said:
Did you ever notice on those diamond t.v. commercials that the girl says "i love you" to the guy only AFTER she recieves the diamond(s)?

Yes, see! My gender being brainwashed to behave in a shallow manner.

Just hate the thought of being forced to be romantic, so me and the other are going to have a romantic picnic at a nice spot in the mountains exactly 6 months after valentines just to be contrary! bought him some speakers though ;-)

My missus work is paying for dinner for all the office staff and their partners (maybe 20 people in total) at the Noosa Sheraton, then they have put us up in a unit for the night as well.

Otherwise me and the missus rarely do anything for it.

Pam said:
I've never been one to care one way or the other about Valentine's Day. All the fuss seems a bit silly, why do you need a special day to be romantic. And please don't ever show up on my doorstep with a bunch of the over priced, pesticide-laced, hormone primed severed sexual organs of flowering shrubs that have been flown in with a great expenditure of non-renewable energy unless you really *do* want to see me gasp in horror.

:lol:

Pam said:
Hello? *points at self* Doesn't like Diamonds, here!

So, are you saying I'm defective?

It's just a point mutation!

Just out of curiosity Pam, are you a silver or gold wearer or does the whole concept of jewelery seem lame to you?

Novacastrian said:
Just out of curiosity Pam, are you a silver or gold wearer or does the whole concept of jewelery seem lame to you?

:whistle: If you're going to San Francisco be sure to wear some over priced, pesticide-laced, hormone primed severed sexual organs of flowering shrubs in your hair... :whistle:

Novacastrian said:

No, I wear jewelry. It's mostly silver, usually some form of Celtic or Native American art, with a few pieces from a friend of mine who works glass. Although, I have a few family pieces that are gold. I even have an antique diamond ring my grandfather won in a poker game, I just don't wear it.

It's not an aversion to jewelery or even expensive jewelery, it's an aversion to the absurdity of status symbols and meaningless social conventions.

I am also, if it has escaped you, a self-confessed fashion terrorist. Viva la flat shoes!!

Armadillo said:
:whistle: If you're going to San Francisco be sure to wear some over priced, pesticide-laced, hormone primed severed sexual organs of flowering shrubs in your hair... :whistle:

Or...pick some organic, bee humped, sun kissed, crab spider hiding. post peak inflorescence in the cylindrical filaments characteristically growing from the epidermis of a mammal.

Happy Valentines day to the ladies of THP...for those that don't do Valentines day...here's a nice pic of a rose that I hope brings a smile to your face....

rose.jpg

JayT said:
It's going to be filet mignon, sea bass, potatoes au gratin, asparagus, brownies and St Michelle Reisling here.

Reisling with filet? I hope you are saving it for fish.

Taking my girl out to some place that I have to wear a tie. :rolleyes:

Pam said:
Or...pick some organic, bee humped, sun kissed, crab spider hiding. post peak inflorescence in the cylindrical filaments characteristically growing from the epidermis of a mammal.

I'll have to read that again. When I first read it I thought about Herpes zoster. We call it "Gürtelrose", literally translated "belt rose". You find it on mammal's epidermis... :shocked: But usually it isn't bee humped.

Back