• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Valley View Farms

I'm taking the trip to valley today to check out their selection. I hear they have over 12 varieties of Trini. peppers, and have loads of others. We shall see today. I'm also arming myself with a camera, so I hope to have plenty of pics to show to those who have never been or like to see it. I myself have never been, but very excited! If no one knows what I'm talking about, a link: http://valleyviewfarms.com/

Make sure you stop my Andy Nelson's BBQ (if you didn't already now about it)... it's got a big pink pig on it's roof. North bound side on York.

Totally tanked right now.. chocolate cake shots... but I'll update tomorrow with pics and plants etc... happy drinking + growing all

Alright folks, heres the deal: Went to valley view, absolutely huge place. The biggest nursery I've ever been too. I felt too weird walking around in there taking pictures, specially considering I was about oh... 20-30 years younger then the majority of the people. They even had quite a few REAL police officers patrolling the grounds, it was unbelievable. I guess with the size of the place they have problems with people stealing? Not quite sure. Anyways, I picked up 6 plants. I got 3 Trinidad Scorpions, 1 Red Trinidad, 1 Yellow Trinidad and 1 Chocolate Congo Trinidad. I know the info on the scorps, but the red, yellow and chocolate arent as familiar. They all appeared to be the habanero type to me, if anyone has grown any of these or has any more information on them let me know for sure, thanks!
DSC00976.jpg

Atleast I'll get some fresh pods this season now, very excited!

Straticus said:
Alright folks, heres the deal: Went to valley view, absolutely huge place. The biggest nursery I've ever been too. I felt too weird walking around in there taking pictures, specially considering I was about oh... 20-30 years younger then the majority of the people. They even had quite a few REAL police officers patrolling the grounds, it was unbelievable. I guess with the size of the place they have problems with people stealing? Not quite sure. Anyways, I picked up 6 plants. I got 3 Trinidad Scorpions, 1 Red Trinidad, 1 Yellow Trinidad and 1 Chocolate Congo Trinidad. I know the info on the scorps, but the red, yellow and chocolate arent as familiar. They all appeared to be the habanero type to me, if anyone has grown any of these or has any more information on them let me know for sure, thanks!
DSC00976.jpg

Atleast I'll get some fresh pods this season now, very excited!
That's cool that you can find those varieties around you....... very cool.

I'm heading over to freeport, and thats on Grand Bahama? Correct me if I'm wrong. It's my first time heading out that way so I'm stoked. You happen to be anywhere near by?

Yeah thats Grand Bahama, the second largest city in the Bahamas. I live on Harbour island which is to the south east of grand bahama.
A 3 mile by 1/2 mile island that is of the north east coast of Eleuthera

FadeToBlack said:
Man I wish i had a place around here like that.

Well, I'd take your year round climate over a nursery near me anyday. Any varieties of pepper I can get over there I cant get here? Anything wild that you know of? I might have to wonder off to check myself...

Well there are mainly 3 type of peppers I see local farmers grow here in the Bahamas.
The Bahamian Goat Pepper, the yellow scotch bonnet type pepper that you see in my grow log, and something called a finger pepper which looks like a tobasco pepper.
I personally dont like the flavor of the finger pepper at all which is why i dont grow it.

Have fun on your trip, if you have never been before it should be very interesting.

Yaargh! said:
Make sure you stop my Andy Nelson's BBQ (if you didn't already now about it)... it's got a big pink pig on it's roof. North bound side on York.

Can it be better than the Corner Stable? I'll have to check it out.

ZanderSpice said:
Can it be better than the Corner Stable? I'll have to check it out.

To each it's own. I tried both and preferred Andy Nelson's. There's also a sandwich shop (cash only) down that side road that Corner Stable is located on (before the church on the right) that's pretty good, the lemonade as well.

Edit: Just checked Google Maps, it's called the Charcoal Deli.

Yaargh! said:
To each it's own. I tried both and preferred Andy Nelson's. There's also a sandwich shop (cash only) down that side road that Corner Stable is located on (before the church on the right) that's pretty good, the lemonade as well.

Edit: Just checked Google Maps, it's called the Charcoal Deli.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check both of those out next time I'm out there.

I'm thinking about heading up there tomorrow if the weather holds up. All this talk about pro-mx, apparently they stock it at Valley View. Straticus, did you happen to see any when you visited? I'd like to get it for when I need to pot up.

Back