• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Variety you are most excited about for 2016

I think for 2016 I'm looking forward to 
Bahamian Goat
Orange Starfish
Trusty MOA Scotch Bonnet (Always a favorite)
O.D. Habanero F5
SB7J
F.C Orange Bhut (to see if it stays true)
and BOC X

Have a couple interesting crosses growing too.
7 Pot Primo x ButchT Yellow
Douglah x ButchT Chocolate
Chocolate Bhut x El Jefe jalapeno F2

Lot of yellow and orange pods this year.  A lot less reds.

turbo said:
I'm trying a couple new varieties this year for the first time.  I've got 2 rotocos and a couple of supers, but the one I'm most excited about is 7 Pod White.  My main goal for 2016 is to come up with a tasty white hot sauce recipe.  

I'll be sure to follow your slog for the updates.  I've been working on a white hot sauce for the past 4 years.  Can't get a 'true white' snow type color despite multiple attempts but that's usually because the white phenos I've had (7pot white included) aren't completely totally white.  This year I've struck on what I feel has been my best yet but it's under wraps till it finishes aging.  :) 

SmokenFire said:

I'll be sure to follow your slog for the updates.  I've been working on a white hot sauce for the past 4 years.  Can't get a 'true white' snow type color despite multiple attempts but that's usually because the white phenos I've had (7pot white included) aren't completely totally white.  This year I've struck on what I feel has been my best yet but it's under wraps till it finishes aging.   :)

I think only "snow white" are completely white, I had them last year and they really have a good flavour and were totally white. But it is a hell of a work to extract all seeds out of them..

Zackorz said:

I think only "snow white" are completely white, I had them last year and they really have a good flavour and were totally white. But it is a hell of a work to extract all seeds out of them..

Got any Snow White seeds you'd like to sell or trade for?  

The quest.....it continues.....  :)

SmokenFire said:

Got any Snow White seeds you'd like to sell or trade for?  

The quest.....it continues.....   :)
Unfortunately i didnt saved seeds from last year :-/.

But i guess you will get them somewhere they not that rare, got mine from "Semillas" last year.

You should start them now, they need some time to get fully ripe and really "snow" white :-)

Wish you good luck with your project, a white sauce would be very interesting  :P

I'm looking forward for Datil's the most, if I can grow them around here at all. Also the Goats weed from hogleg should be the real deal... And off course I have some nice habaneros on the list too.

I'm looking forward to growing the following this year: SB7J, Orange Rocoto, and some MOA's once I get some seeds.

SmokenFire said:

I'll be sure to follow your slog for the updates.  I've been working on a white hot sauce for the past 4 years.  Can't get a 'true white' snow type color despite multiple attempts but that's usually because the white phenos I've had (7pot white included) aren't completely totally white.  This year I've struck on what I feel has been my best yet but it's under wraps till it finishes aging.   :)
I'm also working on a white sauce. Mine is currently aging as well but if it turns out well I'd love to compare notes on what's worked for you and turbo.

MRpeabody said:
I'm looking forward to growing the following this year: SB7J, Orange Rocoto, and some MOA's once I get some seeds.

I'm also working on a white sauce. Mine is currently aging as well but if it turns out well I'd love to compare notes on what's worked for you and turbo.

Hell yeah!  Let's trade bottles and notes.  :)

Well on my end i'm looking forward to growing those:

Aribibi Gusano
Brown Moruga Scorpion
7pot Brain Strain
Rocoto

and the Beaver Dam in the really mild ones!

Back