• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Venting my frustration of 2 and praising thehippyseedcompany for excellence

Hi All,
I just want to vent my frustration in dealing with a couple of so-called chilli companies.
I have purchased Items from Three Chilli companies over the last 6 months, I'm new on the forum and to the chilli growing. I have through this forum found all of these suppliers!!
Of the three companies only Neil @ thehippyseedcompany has shown the best service :) anyone could hope for, not only does he send what you have ordered and more, he responds to every email with genuine interest.
The other two companies as of this moment have taken the money sent NOTHING. Altho I did get a refund back in January from the first company after about a month of waiting to receive the Seeds and have since found out this company has new owners, I hope they do well.

I would like to know if I should name the company I am currently 'dealing' with so others can not make the mistake or am I doing the wrong thing, ethically and lawfully.

Again I just want to let all of you out there know that if you are looking for anything chilli related go straight to www.thehippyseedcompany.com because Neil is an ambassador to this industry in Australia. as you can tell Im now on the hippy wagon ;)

Let me know your thoughts

I hear your frustration.

Couple questions- were the "problem" companies one of the pop-up google ads, like another company mentioned recently selling bhut seedlings for $100? Or were they forum members?

You really have a powerful weapon in your hand, well... at least under your fingertips. Use it wisely.

If you haven't done so already, contact the problem company, tell them how you found them, and let them know that you would be sad to have to report the unsatisfactory business dealings to other potential customers. Give them the chance to make it right before posting names.

This is just my opinion....

dont know the rules on blasting bad companies on this website (not from australia either so it doesnt effect me!) but sorrie to hear about your troubles! Sometimes in life you need some trial and error before you get what you want- as long as you learn from the error then you are ahead of the game!!

xo

salsalady said:
I hear your frustration.

Couple questions- were the "problem" companies one of the pop-up google ads, like another company mentioned recently selling bhut seedlings for $100? Or were they forum members?

You really have a powerful weapon in your hand, well... at least under your fingertips. Use it wisely.

If you haven't done so already, contact the problem company, tell them how you found them, and let them know that you would be sad to have to report the unsatisfactory business dealings to other potential customers. Give them the chance to make it right before posting names.

This is just my opinion....

Both of the companies are forum members and the current one also had the Google ad (but not the $100 seedlings). I have purchase the last item which cost me $38.00 through this companies Ebay account, I only got an email to give me bank details, then nothing...I have just sent it to ebay's resolution center and also have sent an email to their company website letting them know that I will post their name and the problem on this forum if I hear nothing from my last requests.
I am only going to post it on this forum because it is here where they told everyone of their business.
:)

I would think that attempting to contact them via email, and a call during their business hours would constitute 'fair warning'.
You have done the responsible thing by naming the good operator, and referring business to THSC.
But, in business, good deeds generally go unrecognised, and bad deeds go further!
I would attempt contact again, reminding them of the Trade Practices Act and your rights as a consumer and what you would like done to resolve the issue (e.g REFUND or Seeds dispatched STAT!) and a response by email. Give them a fair amount of time to respond (7 days) and that failing their response, further action will be taken. Then, report them to their state competition authority and bag em out endlessly to every person that might reasonably consume their service.

** RANT ALERT**

As a business student and consumer of products here in AUS, I am regularly gob-smacked at how bad customer service here is. A lot of businesses (and staff) have an attitude that presents themselves as having the all power and are doing YOU the favour. Not you supporting their family, lifestyle etc.

If any import into AUS costs more than $100, I generally look offshore first.

ring sting said:
I would think that attempting to contact them via email, and a call during their business hours would constitute 'fair warning'.
You have done the responsible thing by naming the good operator, and referring business to THSC.
But, in business, good deeds generally go unrecognised, and bad deeds go further!
I would attempt contact again, reminding them of the Trade Practices Act and your rights as a consumer and what you would like done to resolve the issue (e.g REFUND or Seeds dispatched STAT!) and a response by email. Give them a fair amount of time to respond (7 days) and that failing their response, further action will be taken. Then, report them to their state competition authority and bag em out endlessly to every person that might reasonably consume their service.

** RANT ALERT**

As a business student and consumer of products here in AUS, I am regularly gob-smacked at how bad customer service here is. A lot of businesses (and staff) have an attitude that presents themselves as having the all power and are doing YOU the favour. Not you supporting their family, lifestyle etc.

If any import into AUS costs more than $100, I generally look offshore first.

Thank you ring sting. I will be giving them plenty of time to respond because there could be a reasonable 'excuse' behind it all.

THSC is great , Neil is awesome and he gets me my seeds faster from Australia then companys right here in my own country lol, plus I have had almost %100 germination from THSC seeeds.

Glad you got a satisfactory outcome.

Those other seed companies had better watch out, Neil just sharpened his Katana!

Rev.jpg

Why hold back the company names? My opinion is that this is a chile discussion forum and we should discuss things like this whether positive or negative, we don't need to see others get screwed. First thing I have to say is that you are always gamling when buying seeds off E-bay. There is just to much potential for scams or just bad seeds

Hi potowie, the only reason i bought off Ebay was because i could get a smaller quantity of what i was after than if i bought directly from their site, otherwise I rarely use ebay.
I did sort out the problem in the end, the company has promised a refund and removed the product in question because they cannot supply.

You should still name them even though they gave you a refund. (Promised a refund - have you recieved the money?) They shouldn't have taken your money in the first place if they can't deliver.

Novacastrian said:
Those other seed companies had better watch out, Neil just sharpened his Katana!

Rev.jpg

He's not a big guy but with that belt being black aroud his waist and a katana in hand, anyone would be nuts to mess with him. :shocked: Good thing he is so nice.:)

Back