• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting Vertical chilli grow indoors 600w MH/HPS lighting

forget the fan underneath put plants instead! Hang the fan from the top of the tent pointing down

That's what I'm going to when I reset waiting for the first 20 reapers to germinate (I want 15 reapers minimum ideally 18) I'm staggering filling the tent up so I can stagger the harvest probably going perpetual with them.

I'm thinking if I set 18 off now and another 18 in 3 weeks then in another 3 weeks take 18 clones (Aero prop 5-8 days to root) add them and then 3 weeks later add another 18 clones I will end up with 72 plants 4 walls 18 plants per wall staggered 3 weeks apart. eventually when it ramps up to full I will use 2-3 600w in the 1 tent all bare lamps.

it will take at least one complete grow before I fall into a proper perpetual as I need to work the timings out the idea is though I rotate every 3-4 weeks the oldest flowered out wall out of the tent and a new flowering wall into the tent.

I'm going to sell reaper pods mainly to fund the grow so I can expand and add more lights, co2, etc. Plant pots are my main bussiness the reapers are a bit of fun and of course I need to experiment with my plant pots and I do love growing chillies.

And light of course if there's a bit of light there let's grow a plant in it :)

When you're paying 20c a unit you want to get the best bang for buck.

With an indoor setup like that, you really do need to maximize every square inch of space you can. I have run in a tent before, and with the cost of lighting it's difficult not to be in the red as far as expenses are concerned.

On another note: I have also have had peppers that simply didn't like HPS lighting, but responded great to an MH conversion bulb. I didn't see much reduction in fruit quality or production speed by switching to the metal halide either. It may be worth while to give it a shot, especially with all of the time and money you can invest in getting plants to adulthood.

You could use the space under the light to start seedlings too, as it would cut the expense of running another light. Consequently you also cut the cost of timers, power strips, bulbs, etc.

Every bit counts when indoors.

Dead zone for you guys lol I was growing seedling's, strawberries and lettuces in my "dead zone" but I have the bulb hanging facing down. It will be a lot more obvious next time as I'm intending to grow a plant to harvest in the "dead zone". I know I run things "Upside down" high air flow offsets this and that dead zone is a lot more useful than you might think. If you used cool tubes (Like the pics in the shop) then the zone is really a dead zone with no usable light getting there.

This is my chilli plants since they got moved to a grow shop I donated the tomatoes to a friend. I'm resetting with reapers. I have seedling out but they will need a good 3 weeks before they'll be ready to pot into my planters.

IMAG0033.jpg

Back