• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Very first try at growing peppers. Rymerpt 2014 ( 2 pod CHALLENGE VIDEOS)

1780132_10201563975249812_94634369_o_zpsee15fd1c.jpg

1965589_10201563976649847_1080762667_o_zps9a2b53ff.jpg
10005867_10201563977529869_1914849818_o_zps808d66d1.jpg

The seedlings are Thai and the egg carton is Thai seeds. The other little pots have habenero seeds. I'm also gonna try some supperhot seeds when the package arrives from Smiley. (Thanks again Mike)

I'll post progress often I'm sure. Yesterday the seedlings moved from a small six pack to their new nesting grounds. All rest in nothing but organic seed starter soil and water.

Rymerpt

Out and about shopping for supplies. Got a heat mat, dome, 10-10-10 (for seedlings), and organic seed soil. Gonna soak and set up today. Pictures to follow.

Rymerpt

jojo said:
NOOOoooOoOO!!!!!!!!!!11111!!1
Drink some milk it will be OK.

Just found some nice dried piquin, might try to grow one of those as well.

Anyone have thai rat turd seeds? I think my nam pla prik recipe could use the rat turd peppers. Kinda like to grow one plant.

Rymerpt

1957762_10201607257371838_420255955_o_zpse5c89119.jpg

Cool new heat mat, new dome, more soil.

Seeds in HP at 4 to 1 mix. Gonna give them till after dinner than they get solo cupped and onto the heat mat and under the dome. Small fan will create cool summer breeze.

Two lemmon drops

One peach but

One chocolate scorpian

One wild tepin

One fatalli

If these come up I'll maybe plant others. THANKS MIKE!!

Rymerpt

1795210_10201607962749472_877198733_o_zpsc0180141.jpg

8pm Pacific standard time seeds entered moistened organic seed soil after soaking in a peroxide water solution
(5 hours). They have been placed atop a heated grow mat and now have a dome over them. A fan is blowing, on low, through small side holes on the dome. Tommarow they also will have a small grow light above the dome.

Three seeds per double solo cup. Inner cups have holes in bottom to alow for bottom watering. The soil they sit in was placed in large bowl with enough water to stir it into a consistency of cookie dough. There was no bottom watering today due to the current moist state of the soil.
pepper_zps07adef15.gif

Rymerpt

Rymerpt said:
Out and about shopping for supplies. Got a heat mat, dome, 10-10-10 (for seedlings), and organic seed soil. Gonna soak and set up today. Pictures to follow.

Rymerpt

To use in very dilute concentration for seedlings AFTER they grow their second set of true leaves, right?

Trust me, I thought they needed to be fed earlier than that and read some glogs where that plan worked, but I gave mine my usual stuff at 1/5th normal concentration and burned them pretty badly (lost several cotyledons). They're healthy and green now, but I could have lost them for sure.

don't really need the lights on til after they pop... when they pop, u are gonna wanna take the cups out then place under the lights.

jojo said:
don't really need the lights on til after they pop... when they pop, u are gonna wanna take the cups out then place under the lights.
Do you mean off mat and out from under dome? Details please.

Rymerpt

yeah, since the weather is warming up a bit, u wont need the heat mat after they pop, depending how warm your area is...  in most cases, the heat mat is only used while germinating...  keeping seedlings under a dome past germination may cause damping off....  pepper seeds don't require sunlight to germinate, so u could save on electric bill if u only use it during the vegetative stage aka seedling stage.

1900415_10201611580319909_1029137009_o_zps56136323.jpg

My little seedlings on the patio top right after their very first taste of 10-10-10.

Rymerpt
Pleased with the heat mat. It is keeping the soil at a steady 80f.

Rymerpt

Today thai seedlings got a nice spritzing of ebson salt water and a whitening of the top of their beds with a bit more ebson salt. Ebson salt, not just for granny anymore.

Rymerpt

Nice start........always highly dilute any solutions when the seedlings are young.. MOst starting mediums have some type of starter mix built in...unless you make your own peat base mix. 
Best of luck with your pepper garden....lots of Cali growers here.

Checked real close on my seeds and saw that the soil was a little dry. Just a little. Did a bottom water with water just up to the first line on the inside of the red solo cup. Maybe 1 1/2 inches in each cup. Waiting impatiently for growth.
jungrow_zps2b547d72.gif

Rymerpt

Pepper_washes_zpscb98d281.gif

Spritzed today with just water. The ebson salt spritz left my seedlings with a bit of a white residue. They were feeling a bit self conscience.

Planted the seeds last Sunday. Hoping to see growth this weekend (fingers crossed fingers crossed)

He heard that sometimes water gives you white residue marks. He was a bit aprehensive. He had a date with a cute little Thai pepper and wanted to look his best.

The seedlings are now in two gallon pots. I used this:

pso900-a1_zpsc5972bb0.jpg

My wife named all six of the little thai seedlings
(from Osh )

We have

1. Charley Bucket

2. Stanley Yelnats III

3. Percey Jackson

4. Tracey Turnblat

5. Hermione Granger

6. Joe Dirt

Makes ya wonder which one will do the best.

Rymerpt

I tried to take pictures but the phone takes shitty pics at dusk. I'll try tommarow.

I also moved that damn satalite dish out of the way. We don't even have that service anymore. Without it in the way I might have to grow more plants.
strong-chili-pepper-26158974_zps04b48dd6.jpg

Back