• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Very hot breakfast scrambled egg (asian style)

Hello guys!
This is a recipe I found in a cookbook from a belgian chef that i modified a little bit to match the chillihead standards.

Ingredients:
-2 fresh spring onions chopped coarsly
-half a theespoon of turmeric powder
-half a teaspoon of smoked Trinidad Scorpion morouga blend/chocolate habanero powder (got it from fatalii.net), you can substitute this with Bhut/naga powder or just TS powder or any hot powder you like.
-teaspoon of cayenne powder/flakes
-sesame oil
-half of a garlic clove finely chopped
-a piece of gingerroot, about 1 inch long finely chopped
-1 egg
-chopped mint and silantro (fresh)

How to make it:

-Break the egg in a bowl and add salt (as much as you prefer) and loosen it up with a fork
-Add sesame oil to a pan and heat it
-Add all your powders and spices (not the mint and silantro yet) and the spring onions
-let the flavors infuse the sesame oil and let it brown a bit, but be careful not to burn the garlic and ginger
-Add your egg and start scrambling
-Let it cool down a bit and add your chopped silantro and mint

ENJOY! I personally find this a very good way to start my day, hope you all like it!
-

Hey paul,
As you said, some bacon and some toast is absolutely the way to go here, a champion's breakfast!
I make this stuff 3 times a week (minimum), I'll indeed take some pics next time so you guys can see what it looks like!

I was fidgeting around the house the other morning after walking the girls to their bus stop and had a little gurgle in my belly, got to thinking and decided to make an omelet with filling(diced ham, yellow pepper, red onion and a sprinkle of my orange hab powder. After all that i forgot to put cheese in the filling, so i just put it on the outside of the omelet. i am not a big breakfast eater nor do i eat a lot of eggs anymore(i make them for the kids a couple times a week). I think its been a year since i last had bacon. If i eat breakfast, it's usually oatmeal with goji berries.

thanks for sharing.

I was fidgeting around the house the other morning after walking the girls to their bus stop and had a little gurgle in my belly, got to thinking and decided to make an omelet with filling(diced ham, yellow pepper, red onion and a sprinkle of my orange hab powder. After all that i forgot to put cheese in the filling, so i just put it on the outside of the omelet. i am not a big breakfast eater nor do i eat a lot of eggs anymore(i make them for the kids a couple times a week). I think its been a year since i last had bacon. If i eat breakfast, it's usually oatmeal with goji berries.

thanks for sharing.

good god man, what have you been doingnnot eating bacon!!! may the bacon gods look down upon you and your plants! haha no I jokes, but no bacon for a year, that is crazy!

Back