• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Very small leaves and short node distance on this Biker Billy. Stunted?

I started this plant some time in November. It was doing great for a while, then it split very early on and the first split was 3 ways. Eventually I got a little overzealous with the watering, which brought it to the brink of death. I let it dry out and potted it up from the solo cup into a 1 gallon pot. It now just looks strange. The leaves are small and there is a very small distance between nodes. Anyone know what's up with it? Will it grow out of this? I know the Biker Billies are supposed to get big, so I've been pinching the buds when they keep getting pushed out.

9rh0kdq.jpg

Tighter shot, look how small the foliage is.
f6hOkqP.jpg

My OW brainstrain looks like your plant as well. Currently gets about 7-8 hrs sun and the rest is from a 400w mh light... Looks normal to me..

I've got plants doing the same thing...all of them actually. I started them in November as well and all of the growth is tiny and all the leaves keep growing and then falling off. My inside temps range between 80-90 degrees, on a 18/6 schedule.

Right, but what are your inside temps like? How many hours light?
70-80. Probably more like 75-85 under the light. I'm on a 18/6 light cycle as well.

It's odd because it is the only plant I have that looks anything like it. Thick stem and tiny leaves. Pretty cool looking though, sort of like a bonsai.

Small leaves have several causes, not enough light, some type of infection, over watering, poor soil conditions and powdery mildew are the main ones. Hope you get it sorted out.

Back