• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Very small pods

This is my 1st year growing I have a bunch of plants and my peppers are starting to ripen, but they are very small pods compared to,what they should be. All plants are potted mostly in 5 gallon pots, can anybody let me know what they may be lacking. My 1st thought was maybe too much sun it has been over 100 here the last couple weeks so I moved them a bit closer to the house where they would be shaded sooner.

I agree with what has been said. Pick those small ones and make something fun (salsa, hot sauce, powder, snack). It's a good sign they're podding up early, but too many can stunt the plant. You should get normal sized pods soon.

Definitely look into some shade cloth for the Inland Empire. Mine do much better during mid June-mid August (90-100+) under 40% here in Boise. Some are only under for part of the day, but it seems to give them just enough of a sun break. I have others against a fence, where the shade hits them about 2-3pm.

gmen16 said:
Sounds like a personal problem

th-11.jpeg
 !!!
sometimes they will put out some early small pods my friend . don't sweat it !  they'll give you bigger ones , my o.w.'s done the same thing , now their coming on strong .  i try to keep them out of the 2 to 4 o'clock sun . can be very intense for 5 gallon containers .     :onfire:

I'd say the heat definitely. My buds and pods start dying out and falling off mid May down here. They start staying on sometime around mid September. I'm working on a shade tarp very slowly to help in the future.

Angie

moruga welder said:
then should of put jk at the end . other than that it looked sarcastic . and with 30 posts wellll .   not a good way to start my friend .     :onfire:
Just thought it was obvious...my work is done here lol

Thanks for the help guys I already see a larger orange habenero pod growing after being in less sun for 3-4 days do you think I should pinch of some of the flowers to try and let the plant grow a bit these things are loaded with buds. 

Don't worry gmen16 I get shit about my pod size from my wife still too I figured out ways around it.

pepperBob said:
Thanks for the help guys I already see a larger orange habenero pod growing after being in less sun for 3-4 days do you think I should pinch of some of the flowers to try and let the plant grow a bit these things are loaded with buds. 

Don't worry gmen16 I get shit about my pod size from my wife still too I figured out ways around it.
how old/big is the plant ?

Back