• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

vincent's 2013 season ***10/22/13 SUPER HUGE MEGA 40ish PICTURE UPDATE***

Well well well. Here we are again folks. Spent the last couple days getting everything all set up how i would like it to be (heat mat temps, lights hanging in right position, and the never ending task of finalizing a grow list. But i think ive done it...lol. i will be using a hydrofarm 4ft, 6 bulb, T5 fixture along with a heat mat set to88 F. I did not soak seeds overnight as i did last season so ill see if it makes a difference. Im putting litt. Ms. Oriah down for a nap at the moment but will post the final grow list here shortly

Pics to follow my friends.

Vincent

Thanks guys so far none of the crosses Took so I'm gonna have to emasculate more flowers and try again, we had some heavy rain that knocked most of the flowers off

Hey Vincent. I put a similar organic mix in the bags for my teas. It has mycos and other bacterias and fungi. When i make tea its more about the colonies than adding nutrients. I have plenty of organic matter for the microbes to get at. But i take what left in the bag and add it around the plants and see major growth from it. Win win situation.
Sorry no crosses took. Try try again!

Thanks man, I guess I'll go ahead and add the Jobe's to the tea then.

And yea I'll definitely be trying more. I gotta get at least one to take haha.

Got my first "harvest" today, if you can count this as a harvest lol.

Anyways, it is 2 SB7J (top) a few Beni Highlands, a couple biker billy, 2 Jalabanero (bottom) and a wee little white bhut.

20130617_113316_zpsd9357637.jpg

Here's a closer view of white bhut. It's one of the odd shaped and small first pods off the plant. It is definitely white though, so that's awesome (go Pepperlover!!) you can definitely tell a difference between the unripe ones and this one.

20130617_113404_zpsc2810049.jpg

Hey Cousin, nice pull! I'm making grilled Chinese back ribs tonight and using your "Sinister Strawberry" sauce in the glaze. Cheers!

romy6 said:
 Very nice Vincent and that tea look nasty. 
That just means I did it right lol
stickman said:
Hey Cousin, nice pull! I'm making grilled Chinese back ribs tonight and using your "Sinister Strawberry" sauce in the glaze. Cheers!
Hey cuz, man I'm surprised you still have enough left to do that with haha. Guess I should make more

Hey folks, I did my first watering with some good ol compost tea yesterday woo. This is not near the update I had planned but oh well

Not Black Naga
NotBlackNaga61913_zpse3c9ef4c.jpg

Not Black Naga pod
NotBlackNagapod61913_zps8306f4b6.jpg

Chocolate Scorpion
ChocolateScorpion61913_zps001161d4.jpg

Chocolate Scorpion pod
ChocolateScorpionpod61913_zps0e34cbbc.jpg

Chocolate Bhut X Yellow 7
ChocolateBhutXYellow761913_zps203b49e4.jpg

Chocolate Bhut X Yellow 7 pod
ChocolateBhutXYellow7pods61913_zps58150aeb.jpg

Carolina Reaper
CarolinaReaper61913_zps23c4208f.jpg

Reaper pods
Reaperpods61913_zps126c8444.jpg

SB7J
SB7J61913_zps61bb0237.jpg

SB7J pods
SB7Jpods61913_zps479b7f1c.jpg

Just got 2 more for today after a bump.

Thanks for looking

Vincent those plants are monsters !
Those are the best looking SB7J pods I seen so far.....anywhere !
Reapers look pretty cool also, there's a few tails hanging about...
Those chocolate scorps always have that dark waxy look to them...that plant has the making for a heavy producer.
Super overall start to your season...

Yellow billy Boy Douglah
YellowbillyBoyDouglah61913_zps37e549d2.jpg

And pods
YellowDouglahpod61913_zps9bb49a92.jpg

PIC 1 said:
Vincent those plants are monsters !
Those are the best looking SB7J pods I seen so far.....anywhere !
Reapers look pretty cool also, there's a few tails hanging about...
Those chocolate scorps always have that dark waxy look to them...that plant has the making for a heavy producer.
Super overall start to your season...
Thanks Greg, yea that Chocolate Scorpion has pods everywhere and I've never grown them before but they do have a cool color to them. Most of the smaller Reaper pods are starting to get more pronounced tails to them.

Also the seeds for the SBJ7 came from a seed train...they were labeled as SB7J so I sure hope that's what they are lol. Do they look to be the correct shape to you?

The SBJ7's not only share the common Bonnet shape on all the pods but are also bursting with the Jonah  look....and most likely heat  levels.

Patrick will be happy...

Those must have come from the batch of isolated seeds he was parting with a few yrs back  .......... :woohoo: ...mine were not................... :tear:

Save me a seed....or two

Yea they definitely have the Bonnet shape, I'm still waiting for a full size one to ripen up. I've had a few really small ones turn red already but didn't taste them as I figured they wouldn't taste the same anyways.
Man that'd be awesome if they were some of the isolated ones. All I know is they were in a seed train and it wasn't labeled who had put them in there. But I'll definitely save some seed, I also went and bought some tulle fabric so I will be isolating the plant as well.

Wow, everything looks awesome!!!! I cannot wait to have trees with pods. Awesome grow you have going on and I have many of the same plants and can only hope mine turn out a nice.  :dance:

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Wow, everything looks awesome!!!! I cannot wait to have trees with pods. Awesome grow you have going on and I have many of the same plants and can only hope mine turn out a nice.  :dance:
Thanks JHP, I hope mine turn into trees at some point.
Silver_Surfer said:
Nice lookin' pods. We'll have to do a seed/pod swap. :)
Thanks man, well considering that half of my plants came from seeds out of your pods last year they should look nice haha.

I'll send ya any pods or seeds ya want.

See ya in a bit with beer in hand

Wow Vincent, those are some sick pods.  Perfect looking SB7Js!  Make sure you add me to the LONNNNNG list of beggars looking for a few seeds off that great looking plants.  :lol:

Those reapers are looking gnarly and those yellow Billy Boys have a great shape to them.  Can't wait to see those babies color up!

Back