• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

in-ground W00T! I finally got them in the ground!

Well I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for decent weather to finally get here. Well the nights are now warm enough and the masssive raining has let up so I couldn't wait any longer. This taking the peppers in and out of the house for hardening off for weeks now has become a nuisance and I've decided to get into gear yesterday and today and transplanted my now 75 hot peppers into the soil.

garden052408.jpg

This pic is horrible as it was taken tonight after the sun set and it was dark, but the flash did an ok enough job and I was able to Gimp it to life a little.

My pepper selection is as follows: Naga Morich, Bhut Jolokia, 7 Pot, Devils Tongue, Trinidad Scorpion, Paper Lantern, Red Savina, Chocolate and Caribbean Habanero, Congo, Scotch bonnet, Bishop's Crown, Jalapenos, and some bells. I can't wait to again pick off fresh peppers from the vine and eat them like apples, wooohooo!!

Don't worry, the pic came out excellent! Makes me jelous. But then again I'll be transplanting out probably tomarrow...wait..no...still jealous

I really like the way you have the rows set up....my cousin down in south Mississippi runs a truck farm of about 1000 acres for veggies and his rows look like what yours do...

Thanks everyone!!

Yeah this year I've made a little more room between the rows so my fat arse can pick through without bumping into the next row. I've got 5 feet between rows and the peppers of the same species are spaced approximately 20 inches apart. I think they'll be bumping into each other, but it'll be fine. The only problem I have is with this many varieties cross pollination is bound to happen. hmm, maybe a nice 7-Scorpion or Fatal-Morich cross would be good :)

Pepp3rFreak said:
Thanks everyone!!

Yeah this year I've made a little more room between the rows so my fat arse can pick through without bumping into the next row. I've got 5 feet between rows and the peppers of the same species are spaced approximately 20 inches apart. I think they'll be bumping into each other, but it'll be fine. The only problem I have is with this many varieties cross pollination is bound to happen. hmm, maybe a nice 7-Scorpion or Fatal-Morich cross would be good :)
I like that way you're thinking. :cool:

Pepp3rFreak said:
Well I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for decent weather to finally get here. Well the nights are now warm enough and the masssive raining has let up so I couldn't wait any longer. This taking the peppers in and out of the house for hardening off for weeks now has become a nuisance and I've decided to get into gear yesterday and today and transplanted my now 75 hot peppers into the soil.

garden052408.jpg

This pic is horrible as it was taken tonight after the sun set and it was dark, but the flash did an ok enough job and I was able to Gimp it to life a little.

My pepper selection is as follows: Naga Morich, Bhut Jolokia, 7 Pot, Devils Tongue, Trinidad Scorpion, Paper Lantern, Red Savina, Chocolate and Caribbean Habanero, Congo, Jalapenos, and some bells. I can't wait to again pick off fresh peppers from the vine and eat them like apples, wooohooo!!

they look fantastic..you must be proud and the frost covers and cages are great..best of luck for your growing year :)

Really nice and tidy :) Best of luck. Here in Portugal we're still having lots of rain and cold nights :( :( I'm so fed up with this weather!

Back