• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

in-ground W00T! I finally got them in the ground!

Thanks for the compliments fellow pepperheads, you'll know how to make a rookie feel good!

talas said:
Pepp3rFreak your picture looks like the soil is nice and sandy/clay type that chilis love
Great guess, as this is soil has clay and sand, as well as some regular soil, humus, and perlite. It's quite difficult to keep manicured and I have to till the ground often to keeps it from hardening like a rock.

mrmulcher said:
where did you get the plastic mulch from been looking all over for this ???
This is not plastic mulch per say, it's a fabric weed guard. It's a very thin fabric material that allows water and air to penetrate and it prevents weeds from growing, it also helps retain the moister so I have to water less. I've never used this before so it's new to my garden this year and I'm hoping this saves me a couple hours a week from my back breaking weedpulling routine:P The fabric is sold in a variety of sizes and I found an uber deal when I was visiting one of my company stores, this little place had 3ft by 50ft rolls for $1.99 so I bought up almost all they had. A roll was able to cover 3 of my rows.

Back