• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Walchit's Glog 2017

Hey guys, I figured I would go ahead and make a glog. Here is my first ripe super hot. Its off of a ghost pepper plant I bought at my local nursery. It looked more red on the plant, I may bhave picked it a tad early.

Well thanks for checking out my glog, I will update if anyone is interested. I also have a reaper plant that has quite a few pods, and I have been pulling Caribbean red habs, cayennes, and Thais about every other day.

Yeah, I hear ya devv. I know some of the other peppers I got at the farmers market from that guy had some mold or something in them, I will definitely be halving them from now on! I made some pepper jelly and a new batch of hot sauce, been really busy will post details soon

Ok, so before I forget what I put in this jam I figured I better post it here!

2 pounds strawberries

2 pounds white grapes

Couple tablespoons raw honey

Approximately 12 cups of sugar

2 cups apple cider vinegar

1 cup lime juice

Pack of pectin

8 reapers, 4 ghosts,
4 Caribbean red habs, 3 ripe jalapenos

I think that's it, watched a Peter s video and basically followed his technique, except I simmered it for probably ten minutes cause it seemed so runny, then I added the last couple cups of sugar and simmered some more while I watched his video again and decided I better just jar the stuff. Got 22 little jars and a big pickle jar full, then mixed the last 4-5 spoonfuls with cream cheese and ate it on Ritz crackers, it was way better than I could have ever imagined!

I hadn't bought this phone tester yet when I made the jam, do you guys think I had enough acid and sugar in there for food safety?

Ok then I made some hot sauce as well!

1 pineapple, well not the core or peel lol

Pink Himalayan and sea salt, 6 tbsp I think

2 cups apple cider vinegar

4 cups white vinegar

Little over 1 cup lime juice

And a big pile of reapers, habs, ghosts and dragon cayenne.

And a couple spoonfuls of that raw unfiltered honey

It turned out really good, and really hot. I was thinking about adding sugar to it but I ended up leaving it like this.

The pH of this was 2.8 when I tested it, I need some calibration solution so that I can test it again now that it has set for a week or so.

Well thanks for stopping by guys, I will try to take some pictures of this salsa when I make it tomorrow. I peeled about 5 quarts of tomatoes today, and have about 5 frozen. Should be a decent batch or two of salsa.

Thanks for stopping by guys!

And in case anyone didn't know already, Walchit won an SFRB of peppers from texas hot peppers from the football games on sunday! Perfect opportunity for some pod tests! lol sorry buddy I had to do it.. bwahaha

Walchit said:
I will pod test one of these bells lol
Do a reaper! If you can get past wanting to rip your tongue out of your skull and the crippling stomach cramps all night, you're in business! lol

Walchit said:
The stomach cramps are what I'm avoiding, I did a jalapeno eating competition once and it annihilated me, I didn't even et spicy food for like a year after that
The heat you can ride out. It's the aftermath that really sucks.

Back