• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Walchit's Glog 2018

Well started germination yesterday, got a little carried away.

I'm too lazy to type out my list for you guys so here are some pics.

Sprouting these from Justin/whitehotpeppers

And these from the auction of labeled pods from Garth/texashotpeppers

Then there are these from trades and seed trains

I may have officially lost my mind! Thanks for stopping by.

If your on here your not normal lol

Just went to check the garden and I guess my stake rotted at ground level. I have two ms junie in that pot. One stake broke and that plant toppled over. And broke a branch down on the other plant.

20180821_075836.jpg

A few zip ties and some black tape and hopefully we are back in business.

20180821_080727.jpg

Got my first non sunburned pods off of it while it was laid over.

20180821_081521.jpg

I am having pretty good luck with the fiberglass rods and plant clips this season, but it is a little pricey getting enough to roll them out. And they don't stand up very well to dogs chasing cats through the garden. Next season I will deploy wood and wire snow fence instead of this plastic snow fence.

I wouldn't mind seeing your setup. I have too many plants to be buying fiberglass stakes right now... Or just not enough money really lol. These wood stakes were free and they usually make it through the season.

In other news...
My friend has some guys from Honduras roofing his house and he says they are eating his Chinese 5 colors like candy and telling him they aren't hot.

So I'm taking these over

20180821_132752.jpg

Walchit said:
I wouldn't mind seeing your setup. I have too many plants to be buying fiberglass stakes right now... Or just not enough money really lol. These wood stakes were free and they usually make it through the season.

In other news...
My friend has some guys from Honduras roofing his house and he says they are eating his Chinese 5 colors like candy and telling him they aren't hot.

So I'm taking these over

attachicon.gif
20180821_132752.jpg

Fix em up bro!

I use old aluminum arrows to stake some of the plants. Yard sales?

I should get a picture of how not to do tomatoes for you guys. I should probably pull the plants but I keep getting little harvests so they are still out there struggling lol.

The roofer just tasted a little piece of the yellow brainstrain. 7pot cinder must have scared him. I should have just took those pdn x bonda that would have tricked him lol. He did seem pretty happy with the bag of pods though. Hopefully he makes some sauce or something and they don't go to waste.

Walchit said:

In other news...

So I'm taking these over

attachicon.gif
20180821_132752.jpg

Walchit said:
I should get a picture of how not to do tomatoes for you guys. I should probably pull the plants but I keep getting little harvests so they are still out there struggling lol.

The roofer just tasted a little piece of the yellow brainstrain. 7pot cinder must have scared him. I should have just took those pdn x bonda that would have tricked him lol. He did seem pretty happy with the bag of pods though. Hopefully he makes some sauce or something and they don't go to waste.
:rofl:
I really appreciate that when you wanted to melt a face, you chose a 7 Pot Cinder to add to the mix! I think that's awesome! Have you tried one yet? I see you got both chocolate AND caramel in F2. Are you isolating and saving seeds? I can send you isolated F3 seeds, but I'm trying to isolate F3 now to get pure F4. The first guy to eat an F3 said it felt like he ate a bunch of needles. Lol. No ripe F3's right now, so I can't try it.

Do you want me to save seeds out of those? I might have time to elders glue some pods. If not I was just gonna grow whatever cinder seeds you wanted me to grow next year

Walchit said:

LOL, I've yet to eat ( a small piece) a brown super that didn't melt my face off. Yellow Brains are no joke either!

Walchit said:
Do you want me to save seeds out of those? I might have time to elders glue some pods. If not I was just gonna grow whatever cinder seeds you wanted me to grow next year
You don't have to unless you want to. I have plenty of isolated F3 seeds. I'm still trying to isolate this years' plant that I've chosen. Did 4 more today. You have to do it with 4-5 days of no rain expected. I thought about taking Bum's idea and using drink umbrellas on the little glued flowers. Lol

Walchit said:

Always appreciate a good prank , wish you couldve gotten him better

Mr. West said:
That bit about the roofer had me laughing.
I havent tried any brown supers, but after looking at cinder in different glogs, i put it on my wish list based solely on visual aesthetic.

Wow! Thank you very much! The F2 and F3 look similar, so there's a little stabilization happening, I'm guessing. And so far, 2 of my 4 F3 plants ripened to caramel. I'm so stoked about that!!! Imgur is being a d!ck again. Can't upload. But I CAN send you some Cinder seeds, if you'd like.
Here we go. Cinder F2
AIXHRAe.jpg

Cinder F3
nkC9ocn.jpg

Walchit said:
They are seriously gnarly! One of these days I might take a bite
Thanks, Andy! If you take a bite, remove the stem and bite from the top. Lol.

Thank you both for the kind words!!!

Walchit said:
It isn't stuffed crust pizza, in not eating it backwards. Lol.

My cinders are different looking though for sure
They don't have the scorpion shape or whatever you would call it
attachicon.gif
20180821_062411.jpg

They are mostly straight. Some have the tips bent to the side
:rofl: :rofl:
Those caramel Cinders look suspiciously like the Madballz who fathered them. I'll bet they're hotter or more aggressive than the chocolate. Awesome looking!!! Great job!!!

Back