• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Walmart EWC (Earth Worm Castings)

I was looking at the label on a bucket of EWC at Wally Worlds and noticed on the label it said
"not to be used in the production of organic food"

What's up with that ????

Maybe it contained inorganic fertilizers? Did it say that on the label anywhere?
If not the worms may have been fed something not organic? Got me on that one.

I remember it showed an iron/nitrogen content %age .    It definitely said not to be used in orgranic food production though...that's why I didin't purchase it..  I believe it was branded by Pennington....  I'll have to take another look later

Most likely, they have something in their process and/or don't want to pay the money to be OMRI certified.  I'm sure it is perfectly safe to use, but they have to put the disclaimer in there that it can't be used by people who grow and sell their crops in a 100% organic fashion.  If you use their product on your crops and sell them as organically grown, it could come back that you didn't use an OMRI certified product, which could get you into legal trouble.  They put that disclaimer on there, so it can't be passed on to them.

Back