• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

fermenting Walt's ferment thread..

I processed my first ferment this week..It is a pineapple and Jays peach ghost scorpions..I didn't keep real good track of anything while I made it so duplication is't gonna happen..I learned and will get better..The sauce is ok..Pineapplely, sweet and hot..A bit on the thin side and needs to be shook before use..PH is 3.2..I have a few extra bottles I'd love to get feed back on it..PM me if interested..
20170904_100000.jpg

I also started another ferment..

Sugar Rush Cream Garlic Mash

475g Sugar Rush Creams
42g Peach Fatilli
108g Carrot
40g  Garlic
42g Pickling Salt
30g Raw Sugar
4.5g Pro Biotic

Blended up in processor..I'll let this go at least a few months..Here it is next to another pineapple JPGS I'll have to get too..
20170904_095934.jpg

That's it for now..Thanks for looking Walt

Rabbit91476 said:
My peppers never bubbled last me crazy. Hmmm

Some bubble up like crazy..Others sometimes it is hard to see and just putts a long slowly..I've heard too much salt will slow it down a lot..I'm usually between 4 and 6% by weight..Trying to lower that now that I'm keeping better track of my recipes..

This is my second spin at the sauce. Great flavor and impressive heat. My wife thinks its too hot but thats not surprising. The first hit i get is flavor and the heat kinda creeps and sticks around with a nice tongue burn but not overwhelming. Goes very well with pizza and pasta for sure. Well done!

Edmick said:
This is my second spin at the sauce. Great flavor and impressive heat. My wife thinks its too hot but thats not surprising. The first hit i get is flavor and the heat kinda creeps and sticks around with a nice tongue burn but not overwhelming. Goes very well with pizza and pasta for sure. Well done!

Thanks for the review Ed..My first thoughts after tasting it was pizza.On my second bottle of it now.

Had some of your apple cider ice cream sauce tonight buddy. Very interesting. Never had anything like it. With the apple it's similar to the burn you get from cinnamon but more intense. I didn't get the raspberry ice cream you recommended (which would have been amazing) cuz my wife likes oreo and it was still very good. I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I damn near licked the bowl on this one. Very nice. Well done again!

Thanks again for another cool review Edmick..

So work has been kicking my ass, but it has only slowed the sauce making down hasn't stopped it. The 7-pot Burgundy x CGN21500 sauce is still fermenting like crazy. And two weeks ago I made up a half gallon of Carbonero pineapple to ferment.Here are pics of these two I took last weekend.. And the recipe I used for the Pineapple sauce.

Carbonero Pineapple Sauce

184g Orange Bell
266g Yellow Bell
218g Carbonero
200g Onion
100g Garlic 
700g Pineapple
76g Pickling Salt

20171204_204800.jpg

20171204_204900.jpg

Back