• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

WANGS for SalsaLady

Nine (9) pounds of WANGS for SalsaLady.

Different method this time, used a batter instead of breading.

Heat oil to 375°

Cornstarch Crunch
2c cornstarch
1c flour
3T seasoned salt
2T baking powder
1.25T each black pepper, paprika, cayenne, granulated garlic and onion
2.75c water

Mix dry ingredients, whisk in water till smooth.
Makes enough to batter 8-10lbs of wings.

Dredge wings in cornstarch.

Batter wings in batches, allow excess to drip off.

Fry wings in batches 8-10 minutes, 185° IT on the bone.

Toss wings in your favorite sauces.

Zt5hGSOl.jpg

Pkh3H6tl.jpg

pyfUs7Dl.jpg

5vSlKCxl.jpg

htiJMw3l.jpg

prbwDvAl.jpg

EGBgEmOl.jpg

Honey BBQ and Teriyaki

wNa2V41l.jpg

Ghost Pepper

0FU7dh5l.jpg

Served with tater tots, salad, cucumber, celery and homemade super chunky Bleu Cheese dressing.

tMQhJTb.jpg

​
midwestchilehead said:
I never knew that it meant anything other than watching Netflix and chilling. I guess I'm getting old ;-)

Quoted from Salsalady, but the board didn't like my editing: "And I won't admit to when I figured out what 'netflix and chill' was code for..."
Yea JJK, I hear ya! See below for GOOGLE search results....

06.22.20_NetflixAndChill2.jpg

I didn't really know either except for the vague inference, like the "chill" part usually means something after the movie when a dude asks if a girl just wants to chill in a text. But I had no idea it was a whole thing lol. Thought it means watching movies too. We all learned something here folks. Very important thread.

Just looking at the ben&Jerry's label. Is that a meme or an actual flavor? If it is real, what the heck are "sweet and salty pretzel pieces"?

Another one I did was telling a soccer dad of one of Evan's youth soccer teammate that we would "hook up to get the kids to practice." :blush:

Yes it's a real flavor it's a good one too.

salsalady said:
Just looking at the ben&Jerry's label. Is that a meme or an actual flavor? If it is real, what the heck are "sweet and salty pretzel pieces"?

When I saw it I thought it was fake but didn't think of it as  meme. One thing SL,  "sweet and salty pretzel pieces"? is actually:

Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Sweet & Salty Pretzel Swirls & Fudge Brownies - Netflix & Chilll'd™

So the sweet and salty is referencing the pretzel and brownie? Hmm, I guess that works. But "swirls"... swirls of pretzels? Or pretzels and brownies swirled into the ice cream, which seems like the word swirl is in the wrong place......

I could obsess on the description for hours, but I'm pretty sure they have whole departments dedicated to verbiage and descriptions. Way over my pay grade.

Well this has nothing to do with cooked chicken bits, so never mind! Back to the topic.

I'm sure it is delicious. Lucky for me, as a recently contracted diabetic, I dont have a sweet tooth. I'm just dissing on the label. You know how we dissect labels for sauces and companies.

Maybe I'm just bored on a Tuesday evening. :shrug: :lol:

the sweet and salty pretzels are good

Who makes sweet pretzels????? Never heard of it, only salty pretzels.

Must be New York thang.

But if that's the case, why didnt they put mustard in the ice cream?

The salt makes them salty. Pretzels have salt.

The Hot Pepper said:
The salt makes them salty. Pretzels have salt.
I know....but what makes the pretzels sweet?

Sweet & Salty pretzels

Ben & Jerry's doesn't use that but a S&S pretzel would be for example: Rold Gold Honey Wheat, etc. They are sweet and salty. There's also sweet pretzels with cinnamon etc. But it says Sweet & Salty Pretzel Swirls and to me that means the pretzel is the salty and the rest of the swirl is the sweet like a caramel or whatever they use to make the swirl. Makes sense to me. Maybe you have to have had B&J before to know how they do swirls.

Back