• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic want to try hydroponics

I see alot of people talking about hydroponics and alot of people use it so I want to try it out. I want to just do something small just to see how it goes. maybe a tub to fit about 3-4 pepper plants. I think im going to get my components such as Air pump, hose, air stone, and neoprene collars from this site http://www.4hydroponics.com/hydroponics/pumps.asp. I can get a tub from a local store. But whats the advantages of using net pots or neoprene collars? What kind of nutrients should I use in the water? Any advice would be great

Honestly, your best resource for beginning to grow hydro is usually cannabis sites. These guys grow plants for a living and get amazing results. A lot sites have forums with updated info on equipment deals and such.

As for nutrients, choose a line that is easily available in your area, so that if you forget to order more nutes, they are easy to get.

If you like Greners, try MonsterGardens.com. They are really knowledgeable about EVERYTHING hydroponics. I have had the pleasure of working with them (or ordering I guess) numerous times. I found out on staff they have an engineer from hydrofarm, a tech from GH, and another tech who's been building grow rooms for over 20 years I believe. Check out their youtube channel, I've watched like 50 of their videos. They get really technical with the hydroponic products, which I like.

If you like Greners, try MonsterGardens.com. They are really knowledgeable about EVERYTHING hydroponics. I have had the pleasure of working with them (or ordering I guess) numerous times. I found out on staff they have an engineer from hydrofarm, a tech from GH, and another tech who's been building grow rooms for over 20 years I believe. Check out their youtube channel, I've watched like 50 of their videos. They get really technical with the hydroponic products, which I like.

Monstergardens.com is a great site to. :surprised:

You don't need neoprene collars, these are usually only used in the cloning stage. What you do need is hydroton(growing medium, clay pebble) to be able to support your plants once you transplant into pots. Net pots are just like regular pots but have holes for the roots to grow out of and into your nutrient solution. I recommend using the Botanicare line of nutes or general hydroponics flora nova. These are one part solutions that you mix once in your water. One solution is your grow formula and the other is your bloom formula. If you have anymore questions, pm me or email me(email listed on profile I think).

Honestly, your best resource for beginning to grow hydro is usually cannabis sites. These guys grow plants for a living and get amazing results. A lot sites have forums with updated info on equipment deals and such.

As for nutrients, choose a line that is easily available in your area, so that if you forget to order more nutes, they are easy to get.

Do you have any good sites to go to?

Back