wanted Wanted: Pepper seeds and pods

Hey there everyone,

this year has been a rough one for me and my family. We were evicted from our home back in July after some neighborhood hoodlums threw rocks through our windows and I lost everything when it comes to my peppers. Unfortunately we just didn't have the time to save any plants since we were moving the belongings of 9 people and trying to search feveratively for a house. Our house search had failed, we were homeless for 2 months and Just finally got into a house in Oct. so I was wondering if any of the generous folks here on thp would be willing to help me out a little.

I'm looking for both seeds and pods if anyone still has pods this time of the year. Here's what I'd like:

Bhut Jolokia
Naga
Trinidad Scorpion
Habenero
Jalepino
7 pod
Cayenne
Aji Crystal

there are probably more I'm not thinking of so if there's something you have you think I might like, Please feel free to send me a PM.

I'd also love some mild hots for my 2 and 4 year old who love peppers just about as much as their mom!

thanks!

Malissa

That's about as rude as it comes. If you want to help the people out with seeds or pods great, if you don't then keep your opinions to yourself. People are too much.

Send me a PM Mmomma, I have a few pods I can send.

That's about as rude as it comes. If you want to help the people out with seeds or pods great, if you don't then keep your opinions to yourself. People are too much.

Send me a PM Mmomma, I have a few pods I can send.

I have to agree with you, on this also, i am behind on my bills also, but thats cause sadly the US econmy tanked, Lost my job cause the construction industry hit a big dip here in Florida.

Been searching all over my county, and the US looking for a job with very little luck to this date. I even tried resturants, hardware stores and nothing out there.

But oh well, I might be able to help with the yellow 7 pot, and a T. Scorp Butch T seeds I can send to you, but they were grown around pepper strains.

If you do, send me me your address and if i get it in time i will send out in todays mail.

Rudeness has no place here. If you don't choose to share your seeds with her do not feel that you know what is happening in her life. Don't judge!!

Let me first apologize to all who were offended by my post. Especially to you Malissa.

I in no way intended it to be insulting or condescending. I was simply trying to offer "tough love" advice. I realize however that I am not at all familiar with your situation and should not of been so blunt.

Again I apolgize if I was taken out of context. I should've worded my comment more carefully and offered to help if needed.

I know with the state of our economy that many people are out of work and falling behind on bills. It seems like there is no end in site to this recession. There are however, a few employers that are hiring. May I suggest that any who are seeking work try grocery stores, discount retailers like Walmart or government jobs. These have all actually increased their work force since the economic downfall. UPS also hires a large temporary work force for the holidays and pays quite well.

Hope this info helps.

Please except my sincere apology for being insensitive and for leaving such a long post.

I would like to send out a big thanks to all the kind people here who have offered there help and kind words. It's been a rough year for me and my family but with the new house and new garden space, things are starting to finally look up. I hope to be able to help out others in need next year and have some great pictures and posts for you all. Who knows I may even enter a TD some time. God knows I love cooking, especially with peppers. thanks again everyone.

P.S. I HAD forgot one I've been looking for, for some time now. Jamaica Yellow Scotch Bonnets, if anyone has any or knows of somewhere I could get some.

In the short time I have been in this group my knowledge in pepper varieties and seed of them in my collection has exploded from a few common to many many. I can put together a good assortment of types from my stash and if you already have some of them pass them along to someone in need that does not. A good many are from pods I have gotten and are most likely open pollinated while others are from seed purchased. If interested pm and I will get a list made up for you to go over if this is easier.

I would like to thank ya all too for your generosity.My niece beat me here lol. Not only did we loose peppers we lost some 100 tomatoes some can not be purchased and are hard to get.Also lost several winter squash/pumpkins and two rare watermelons.Thanks again to our THP friends. You guys rock. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kevin

I got my first seeds in the mail today! :woohoo: They came from AjiJoe, a lovely variety of peppers. Thanks Joe and I can't wait to grow these, the kids will love the mild peppers and I'm sure they'll have me make some poppers out of the fooled you jalapeno's when the time comes. I'll have a lot of fun with all of the peppers, Especially the Bhuts which, so far are my favorite of the superhots.

thanks again,

- Malissa

:hell:

I am deeply touched by this thread. We lost our home in May from foreclosure. We were in the exact same boat as you. With 20 days to "be out", we had to leave our entire garden behind, along with furniture and some of our belongings.
I don't want to carry on about that, or change the tone of this thread. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Things are looking up for you guys, and us as well, I like to focus on that! We found THP (thank you SalsaLady) and what an awesome collection of people! (this thread proves it!).
It would mean a lot if we could send a small collection of seeds to you. Call it "Chile Juju". (That also happens to be my wife's name here. Coincidence? NOT!) Pm me if you're interested.

I hope to see you in a TD! I just came in second last night. I really hope to win one!

Hang in there Kevin, Malissa, Joshua, and anyone else having a hard time right now. It WILL get better!

and thanks THP, and all it's members for being the kind, helpful, and FUN people you are!

Sincerely,
-JIM

I am deeply touched by this thread. We lost our home in May from foreclosure. We were in the exact same boat as you. With 20 days to "be out", we had to leave our entire garden behind, along with furniture and some of our belongings.
I don't want to carry on about that, or change the tone of this thread. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Things are looking up for you guys, and us as well, I like to focus on that! We found THP (thank you SalsaLady) and what an awesome collection of people! (this thread proves it!).
It would mean a lot if we could send a small collection of seeds to you. Call it "Chile Juju". (That also happens to be my wife's name here. Coincidence? NOT!) Pm me if you're interested.

I hope to see you in a TD! I just came in second last night. I really hope to win one!

Hang in there Kevin, Malissa, Joshua, and anyone else having a hard time right now. It WILL get better!

and thanks THP, and all it's members for being the kind, helpful, and FUN people you are!

Sincerely,
-JIM

:) Your post brought a smile to my face Scovie, thanks! I'll definitely try to get in a TD soon! It looks like a lot of fun! PM on it's way!

Back