wanted Wanted: The Ornamentals.. Pictures too..

BlackFatalii said:
fish%20best_zpsrttgvlqq.jpg

fish%20pod_zpsul9f2awm.jpg

Fish pepper is an attractive plant, and the pods have better flavor than most ornamental annuums.

what a Beautiful variegated plant :cheers:

in addition to the beautiful peppers listed above, I have discovered some other beautiful peppers with usable tasty fiery pods too :D

here are some of the plants that i thought were particularly good looking as well as useful;

Belingrath gardens
Kseob1I.jpg

uFbaaav.jpg

multi color variegated foliage with lots of dark tones, pods go through several color changes, and are similar heat to a pequin 

Chinese 5 color
3q3nDM8.jpg

xja3LHP.jpg

KIb4rqE.jpg

several neat color phases on blocky pods large enough for small stuffing peppers

OrangegumTiger MAMP (seeds from Mojo pepper)
T4fNUqn.jpg

WMLZvef.jpg

G7o2aLC.jpg

Beautiful contrast between the dark purple foliage and the peachy Orange pods Pretty darn HOT, and tasty too

Pimenta Puma;
I21MTbS.jpg

5CVoDYr.jpg

Pimenta Puma has nice dark foliage and several color phases on the ripening pods, finishing a golden color with purple blush

CGN21500 x 7 pot Berrackpore (Blushing Dutchman):
i think this was an AjiJoe creation, but i'm not sure, I received it in a trade
vorMNOg.jpg

gEz3BLS.jpg

tJyvhxF.jpg

BkkKlxw.jpg

i really like this plant, some can have darker foliage than others, it can grow pretty tall (mine got 4+ feet in 1 short season, i suspect it could get even taller)
lots of neat color changes on the pods and they finish a nice peach color blushed with purple, Tasty and Hot

Pimenta Puma x Reaper;
(i got this cross from FordsFieryFoods, last year, (all but 1 plant had dark foliage, and the following pods)

5AJ82Ty.jpg
o8gkhKk.jpg
CDLYVrv.jpg

it seems i have reached my pictures limit for 1 post. I have plenty more beautiful peppers to share, w/ pics!

can I get a bump ?

:cheers:
G.I.P.

Continued..

Here are some less common peppers that I think have great ornamental value as well as tasty pods;

I have for the past 3 years been growing out two different colored PdNxBhut, a red ripening pheno, and a peach/cream ripening pheno

PdN x Bhut (purple and green foliage, RED ripening pheno)
z1zM0qQ.jpg

xz3DemX.jpg

PdN x Bhut (very dark foliage, Peach / Cream ripening pheno)
cdj7J0F.jpg

UC2SQnS.jpg

bJDFZVL.jpg

B1kTsRY.jpg

and finally my current favorite cross for both ornamental value and fantastic pods is;

Large BBG7 x (PdN x Bhut red pheno)
Z30aLPO.jpg

eIiZzB4.jpg

jJalfcN.jpg

Nice purple and green foliage, pods as hot as any Bhut, excellent bleeding calyx, great color contrast of pods against plant, unfortunatelly i am only at F2 with this cross and expect to see lots of variation this year
(I will be selecting for dark foliage, bleeding calyx, and productivity)

if I remember more plants that i thought had particular ornamental as well as edible value i will add them here

:cheers:

kentishman said:
Numex Easter has a nice array of colors.

8eed785fbc6e2deffe1ff8fef4e4ff30.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes, i will definitely look for that one... thanks !!!

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
Filius blue was another colorful ornamental that i grew, the plant stays pretty short, makes colorful pickled peppers, but there are a lot of seeds so prep can be time consuming

Filius Blue
IY1bpH2.jpg

GsUxl01.jpg

dDzEHm5.jpg

nEFcS6s.jpg

GIP if i quoted every post it would be another page long so ill just quote you last one and say holy crap.. YES to everything you posted... Amazing pics...Great contrasts... I will definitely be looking into getting most of those.. espescially the PDN x Bhuts peach and the orangegumstigermamps... unreal... Took this thread to another level my friend... took it outside the box of ordinary ornamentals... thanks so much

Back