• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Wanted to show off the final goods of the season...

Just like the title suggests, I wanted to show off my final products. Everything turned out pretty much exactly like how I envisioned it. Right down to the cute (IMHO) little jars I got off of Amazon. (2 oz jars) ...roughly $20. I don't remember if I got 20 jars or if it was 16 jars but either way, I have a total of 3 full jars of dried Carolina Reaper and the rest of them are full or 3/4 full of dried Habanero. I've given away several of the Habanero jars as gifts and I am going to keep 1 jar of the Carolina Reaper, send 1 to my son, and 1 to my brother.

I'm pretty happy with the way everything turned out. This season I learned about Tomato Horn Worms (and how to keep them away) and also about stink bug bites on the fruit. Next season I'm planning on getting a dedicated 1 gallon sprayer so I can spray the plants about every 2 weeks to keep the bugs away. Anyway, I just wanted to show off the final product and thank everybody who helped me this season. The Carolina Reapers didn't do quite as well as I had hoped but I learned what to do next year to improve my yield. The Habanero's grew ridiculously well. They were gorgeous and huge for Habanero's (IMHO) They seemed to really like the potting soil and cow manure mixture I laid out in the garden. It was about 70% top soil / potting soil (cheap) + 30% cow manure.

1696891373650.png

Back