• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water Water Quality Report, Help me understand my Water! lol

I got the new water quality report in the mail today, How bad is my water?

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

If you really want to understand water quality the best thing to do is take the time and educate yourself on what chemical means and what YOU think is good or bad. Plants will probably be OK in ANY water that comes out of the tap mainly because if you can't drink it neither can the plant and it's doubtful you will ever pour toxic water out of your tap.

If you want to learn about water quality here is a good link to get your started.

CLICK HERE

I personally only drink RO water and provided filtered water to all my plants until they go outside then I just water them with a hose like everyone else. However I did make sure to buy a RV hose that is safe for drinking and isn't chemically treated rubber ;)

Honestly have never tested water to that degree.... wow.. committed to your plants...I like:)
I just check PH with digital pen meter ($30) this will give you an idea of hard or soft water.... If you are messing with it anyway (ie.nutrient etc) then you will be using a PPM/EC digital pen which will ensure that the TDS (totally dissolved solids) are in check and your not over feeding. Plants will use most of above in tiny amounts.
That is all I have kept in check for years.

The water company has to do a yearly test and send it to all their customers (I think). I'm not looking for any specific answers, just wondering how others city water reports compared to mine :)

I use alot of rain water, and have town water access just dont use it much...
I would love to compare our town water to yours....

here we go.... Not as easy to understand for a customer like yours.... a lot of your categories seem to absent.
001-7-1.jpg

002-6-1.jpg

I learnt some stuff about my water today thanx..... lol

I think that's the same water supply i use dude. A lot of what i see there is pretty good. We generally have very good water and if you get your water from Middlesex Cty (where i am) than you're in good shape. I test it at home for my aquarium and the Ph is fairly neutral and the chlorine content is almost non-existent if there at all. I use a dechlorinator, but i test before and after and most times it's undetectable. It's never tested positive for any ammonia, nitrates (contary to that report), etc. so that's one less thing to worry about.

What were you expecting to see btw?

Back