• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

WEATHER THROWDOWN

WHAT U GOT??? lol.

Just kidding.

Not bitching, just wanting some perspective.

In GOSHEN, KY not talking about anywhere else.

LAST SUMMER: Never before seen sunny day wind storm. Mass destruction, all-time record power outages, deaths.

LAST WINTER: Never before seen ice storm(of this magnitude). Mass destruction, shatters that summer's all time power outage record.......shatters it.

THIS SUMMER: The first July on record with not 1 day over 89F. Record rainfalls for July. August 4th saw double the average rainfall for the entire month....in one day.

Widespread flooding and destruction. Fair power outages, bank and school closings, etc.

So much rain, that when I go back to the garden to see if there are any ripe tomatoes, the tomato plants laugh at me......(vicious bastards;))

it has been an average summer here in North Texas for temperature and rain...last year was hot hot hot with not much rain...probably 8-10 inches below average...2 years ago was a very hot AND wet year...probably 10 inches above average...

all in all, the summers here have been quite nice (if somewhat hot) over the past 8-10 years...

our normal average high just dropped to 95F yesterday down from 96F high in July and first part of August...average lows are in the high 70s...

been pretty normal here too. Nothing to out of the ordinary except july was a bit cooler than normal, but only by a degree or two average.

It's a typical Florida summer here....hot as hell and stormy in the afternnoons.... starting to have to watch out for all the tropical waves coming off Africa and heading this way......

I've been watching those waves too SM and it seems they are falling apart and not developing...probably just a cycle...but if you look back about 2003 when Ivan hit Pensacola, there were no storms that formed before August...

be safe my friend and if you need to evacuate, you got a place to stay here in Fort Worth...

AlabamaJack said:
I've been watching those waves too SM and it seems they are falling apart and not developing...probably just a cycle...but if you look back about 2003 when Ivan hit Pensacola, there were no storms that formed before August...

be safe my friend and if you need to evacuate, you got a place to stay here in Fort Worth...

Thank you for the offer, AJ. I've got my disaster kit all ready to go. Hopefully i won't have to show up at your door like a refugee.

i think up here it was record lows all season (aside from this week finally!!), and record rainfall. Everything is so unpredictable these days. I just wish it were unpredictable in a good way one of these days.

Ballzworth said:
i think up here it was record lows all season (aside from this week finally!!), and record rainfall. Everything is so unpredictable these days. I just wish it were unpredictable in a good way one of these days.

Exactly.

Mild summer here and I like it. Had a couple of brutal days this week, but today its below 85 with low humidity so its a Captain & Coke night at Row Boat Willy's.

Sickmont said:
Thank you for the offer, AJ. I've got my disaster kit all ready to go. Hopefully i won't have to show up at your door like a refugee.

Yeah SM, but think of all those peppers!!!

This summer in PA has been below average temps up until last week. We had an extremely rainy June into July. Now we are in the hot and sunny days with the afternoon/evening thunderstorm pattern. Average highs are around 86/88F and lows around 70F. Highest temp for the year was this past Monday at 95F.

Well lets see here
Sept 05 - Hurricane Rita hit - no power for 6 weeks, decided to move from
out in the middle of nowhere
Sept 08 - Hurricane Ike hit and I'm about 20 miles from the coast - spent
2 days in drunken stupor on front porch - no power for 27 days
Winter 08- had something like 4 inches of snow, in Houston, Tx- never
snows here, it barely gets below freezing more than once
or twice a year
Summer 08 - its went for a few weeks of almost 100, seven inches below
below normal on rainfall this year and it is still between
96-99 everyday and around 80 every night.

Txclosetgrower said:
As of 8/14 there have been 53 days over 100 degrees this summer in Austin, TX. Probably 56 by now, the past three days have been hot as shit too. And we need rain, our lake is so low that they closed all the boat docks.

Ive got a friend that lives on Lake Travis out your way, and he has told me some interesting stories of things they have pulled from the lake becasue of low water levels, including catrs that disappeared in the 1980's.

rds040800 said:
Well lets see here
Sept 05 - Hurricane Rita hit - no power for 6 weeks, decided to move from
out in the middle of nowhere
Sept 08 - Hurricane Ike hit and I'm about 20 miles from the coast - spent
2 days in drunken stupor on front porch - no power for 27 days
Winter 08- had something like 4 inches of snow, in Houston, Tx- never
snows here, it barely gets below freezing more than once
or twice a year
Summer 08 - its went for a few weeks of almost 100, seven inches below
below normal on rainfall this year and it is still between
96-99 everyday and around 80 every night.

I think you have me beat. 27 days????????? Good GOD.

That is what I am talking about though.

I had a fantastic astronomy prof that said, "climate change will not manifest itself in obviously higher temperatures. It will show itself through more intense weather. Cold will be colder, hot hotter, dry drier, and storms will be much more severe in intensity, feeding off the imperceptibly higher average temp across the entire earth."

I am sold based on events here, I just wanted to see if we were having isolated freakish coincidences, or if things are getting more intense everywhere.

We have only had 5 storms hit so far this season. I am surprised because it seems like a lot more. Last storm missed us completely and pummeled Taiwan but we got so much rain here that a major bridge north of me washed out.

Next time a major storm approaches I'm gonna go camp in AJ's chili garden. :lol:

We're finally getting some sunshine and no rain:) This is two years in a row that its been wet and cold. All the farmers are struggling but at least with this sun they can cut/bale their hay this week.

Back