• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Weirdest weed I ever seen

In my time growing I've yet to see somthing like this. Still debating on whether or not this is a bad thing.

1316202870.jpg

I don't play around with wild mushrooms but I did want to have a look at it. Wonder what kind this is and why it sprouted in my Fatalii's pot. Stinky Fish emulsion perhaps?

1316202851.jpg

I'm certainly no expert but I'd venture to say that any fungus growing in your pot means the plant is being kept too wet.

I'm no expert and I agree with the other two non experts. A fungus growing near the roots isn't a good thing and the soil must be too wet for that to happen.

Probably no reason for concern really.

Mushrooms are just the fruiting bodies of a whole mycelial underground network.

The mycelium is just working at decomposing the organic components in your pepper pot.

As the organic components are broken down, more nutrients are released for your plants.

I can see two other mushroom pins, as they're called, pushing up through your soil surface.

And nice knife by the way! :cool:

dvg

ya, redtail is a bit of a kook, it is a simple mushroom, they grow like gang busters when moisture levels and temperatures are high. who knows were they came from, perhap bird droppings or just windblown. pull the thing out and toss it in the garbage. i have them all over my yard in heavy moist periods.

Ahhh....Thanks fellas. My worries are at ease. It has been pretty rainy in my area lately but my fatalli is still looking good, both ripening and putting out pods. I'll keep an eye out for any more shrooms though.

Scoville D, your welcome to this and any other mushroom I may find in that pot. :cool:

And nice knife by the way! :cool:

dvg

Thanks dvg. A parting gift from the service that I've made my all purpose patio garden tool. :) I poke extra holes in my pots and hack down all my end of season plants with it. Now we can add removing offensive mushrooms to the list.

I'm certainly no expert but I'd venture to say that any fungus growing in your pot means the plant is being kept too wet.
Its fine.

I'm no expert and I agree with the other two non experts. A fungus growing near the roots isn't a good thing and the soil must be too wet for that to happen.
Actually, fungus growing near the roots are GREAT! :) It does not indicate a soil that is too moist...

Back